Photo

Learning to become a tailor, but until then, really wanting a nice black tie outfit.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SilvercatJazz

SilvercatJazz

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

First and foremost, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but it seemed to be correct.

As it's going to be quite a while until I can do this myself, I was wanting to know if it would be possible for me to pay one of the tailors on this forum to make me a black tie outfit, and how much it would cost me. If not, does anybody know where I could buy one? Thanks.

#2 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Where are you located?
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#3 ladhrann

ladhrann

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

First and foremost, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but it seemed to be correct.

As it's going to be quite a while until I can do this myself, I was wanting to know if it would be possible for me to pay one of the tailors on this forum to make me a black tie outfit, and how much it would cost me. If not, does anybody know where I could buy one? Thanks.

How long is a piece of string? Tailors everywhere charge varying prices depending on cloth and construction. Where are you based? As you will have to factor in at least three visits to the tailor in question, one to be measured and pick cloth and style, one to be fitted and one to try on and collect the completed garment. More may be needed. You might be able to save some money by buying cloth from a jobber and bringing it to a tailor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users