beaubrummel

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Menswear, Womenswear, Shirtmaking, Shoes, Watches

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hello beaubrummel,

Your first lines above describe to me an employee that needs additional training and experience.

To me an ideal apprentice would be someone who has the desire to do be the best job possible. Someone that I can instruct and properly train with a long term commitment to build up their experience, work skills and speed until they have the abilities and decision making process to complete tasks assigned with little supervision, then they may take over my business and I may retire!

Kind regard

Jeffrey2117

I see. Thank you very much, it's all been very helpful. Shame for me you're not in NYC!

#20 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

So essentially, you want to have good working knowledge of being able to make up some garments, whilst not having a list of bad habits, and learn quick. That would be an ideal apprentice?

There should be more involvement here in the states in the profession. In England, there's Savile Row and they take apprentices from college so it's not like they're 8 years old, the Savile Row Academy and a bunch of other schools, in Italy, there's the Brioni school, Kiton I believe has their own school as well. Where's the love in America?

The real love was here in Houston.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 17 April 2013 - 11:52 AM.

www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#21 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I see. Thank you very much, it's all been very helpful. Shame for me you're not in NYC!

Hello Beaubrummel,

I am not in NYC, but maybe I will pass through later on this year!

Kind regards

Jeffrey2117
"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

#22 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

The real love was here in Houston, traditional, scientific cutting, German tailoring with a complete knowledge base from 1936 to 1980.

www.berlinbespokesuits.com

Hello Der Zuschneider,

I can believe you in this fact. Genius and scientific cutting knowledge make a fine combination.

I look forwards to reading your posts and replies here in the forum and greatly appreciate you taking time to enlighten us all.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey2117
"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

#23 svogin

svogin

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

so how does one get a job and get the traning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users