20 replies to this topic

#19 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

I am afraid I know only tailors who want to avoid doing women's stuff because it is too time consuming. They know how to do it but the juniors or less skilled don't. So, the garment ends up on the lap of the most experienced tailor, who is soon bogged down by the work, and next refuses to have any truck with it. It tends to slow down the production for the whole workroom and everyone considers it more trouble than it is worth.

However, do ask around. Perhaps John Cutler might take ladies on. I've never asked John myself, nor Victor Alacqua or Zink & Sons amongst others.

#20 Alexandra Wood

Alexandra Wood

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Fashion, Singing, Dancing, Painting, My family, Art, Opera, Theatre

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

I'm hoping to start a thread on tailors that either specialize in or cater to womens clothing. This would be inclusive of dressmakers and cordwainers but I'd hope to exclude "couture" houses that are more fashion based.
Contact information would be appreciated.

I design and create Savile Row standard bespoke suits for Ladies.Beautifully crafted to compliment a womens shape and personality. So if anyone is needing advice at all please feel free to ask. Thanks, Alex x

#21 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

It would be interesting to see examples of your ladies' work, Alex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users