Photo

Any good tailors in France or passing through France?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#55 jukes

jukes

Pro

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone know if Nishi (Paul) is alright. This sounds worrying, this does not seem right.

#56 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm sure he'll be fine and will resurface soon.
Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

#57 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Been wondering too. Maybe he is burned out and needs a break. Hope he comes back. His contributions have been great.

#58 Bespoke in Auckland

Bespoke in Auckland

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hi All I have been fascinated reading this topic. I am having this busiest year of my short career as a bespoke tailor and agree with something out of every post on this topic. I would love to make a living out of this trade /craft. Each suit takes about 100 + hours. Prices are flexible so I can make as much as reasonable out of each suit. I have a waiting list as of yesterday of 16 suits and 1 sports-coat. All measured some not cut as yet. Even going flat out I would probably make more as a checkout operator in a supermarket. Overheads are certainly cheaper here in Auckland than Paris and you have my sympathies I have been at this full time now for over a decade to learn the cutting and the tailoring. I am by myself now as the old boy who taught me has passed on. No apprentices yet though i take students for a few hours a week for free and even provide everything they need. It is important that if a high standard of tailoring is to carry on, then this sharing of information, resources and experience is important.Made to measure marketing is always blurring the line between bespoke and Made to measure which (I have had strong opinions on) makes it harder to have marketable status as Bespoke Cutter/Tailors. I have learnt a few things off the forums and plan to carry on visiting the site when I can. Thanks to the people who make it happen.

Lastly the young chap looking for a coat. A completely clean finish will probably be restrictive rather than comfortable and if you are looking fore a tailor do not advertise the fact that you a fussy or particular. There will be some fault or other with every hand made suit. When you are a rich man, then you can give your tailor a headache. What you will get with bespoke is a jacket just made for you and that is a luxury. Otherwise wait until the winter sales, pick one up cheap and get a good alteration tailor to size down a 38 for you.

all the best with this and to all fellow tailors with stiff necks and straining eyes, carry on please

#59 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

We're not about buying clothes. We're about making clothes.

#60 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:44 AM

Deleted the post Greger replied to, as it was clearly spam.

Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users