Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

I am just scanning the trousers. The hip bow is ridiculous strong and needs a pleat. The seat height looks to short. But if someone sees such mistakes you can fix it.

I think the Mitchel-Trousers are not so nice. Mitchel probably was not a trouser tailor. The dart is wrong drafted, p. 254. Page 258 complete rubbish.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 14 September 2017 - 10:32 AM.

www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#20 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

I used the riding breeches draft quite often, but never exactly as drafted. The line of the outseam and positioning of the seam, the back of the leg seam/dart worked quite well.

#21 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

The Mitchel System is good to get ideas you can combine with other systems. The trouser system has some flaws here and there but still you discover the cutting idea and use it somewhere else or compare it with other cutting systems. You might find here and there good ideas to use.

I only made a scan and an excellent copy right now and I will lock at it at a later time. For me, I only need the coats in order to check the lengths, balance, and the ease in the chest, and the ease in the skirt. I am a tailor collector. My fun is to figure out how they did it and why things work or don't work.

Most tailors and wanna be tailors are not idealistic, they only looking for the greed with less effort and maximum profit. Those are stupid people, stingy and greedy. They know nothing, want everything for free and a lot of even more stupid customers. They have no brain and in the evening they watch soaps and fake news to get more stupid.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 15 September 2017 - 01:07 PM.

• Torry Kratch, MANSIE WAUCH and Schneiderfrei like this
www.berlinbespokesuits.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users