21 replies to this topic

#19 EllaQ

EllaQ

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

Judging by these fotos your friend is changing and altering his posture in each picture. and it would be better to have photographed him from the side with his arms down as raising them like that totally changes every thing. The shoulder line in the back pictures is probably the most accurate and yes his shoulders are a bit 'abfallend' he is pulling them back in the frontal shot and they look normal there. You can't tell about the line of the back with his arms up as his shoulder blades are raised and not in their normal position. make sure when you measure his chest that his arms are down as well as it will otherwise be incorrect.

Edited by EllaQ, 20 June 2010 - 08:44 AM.

"Imagination's everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions" - Albert Einstein

#20 SewingDominique

SewingDominique

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

I was looking at my instructions for the lounge coat and how much ease do you give to the back width, arm scye, chest measure in the front, back length, waist length and hip length to measured measurements?

#21 SewingDominique

SewingDominique

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:58 AM

How does the yoke in a lounge coat look like.

#22 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

I was looking at my instructions for the lounge coat and how much ease do you give to the back width, arm scye, chest measure in the front, back length, waist length and hip length to measured measurements?

How does the yoke in a lounge coat look like.

Hi. It may be better if you start a new thread for these. :Star:

Both of these questions go way outside your initial question, and it is in the Trouser and Waistcoat forum. If it is a beginner's question maybe the Apprentice's forum would be best. If you are cutting a yoked jacket for a woman, the Women's Cutter and Tailor forum might be best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users