meiissi

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:english jackets, haute couture

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hello daristi,

thank you for this schematic on sleevelinings. To me it looks very logic - as I really never need much fabric in the sleevecap. I always take 2cm more than the original sleeve pattern and by sewing it in by hand I fold in the excess fabric. It turns out I really need more fabric under the arm than over the cap. Even though I think 2,5cm could be a little much.

You know, there are many ways to develop patterns - which one are you from? Where did you learn and/or where do you work? I am always interested in where the ideas come from, sort of putting related infos together in my head.

#3 daristi

daristi

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hello daristi,

thank you for this schematic on sleevelinings. To me it looks very logic - as I really never need much fabric in the sleevecap. I always take 2cm more than the original sleeve pattern and by sewing it in by hand I fold in the excess fabric. It turns out I really need more fabric under the arm than over the cap. Even though I think 2,5cm could be a little much.

You know, there are many ways to develop patterns - which one are you from? Where did you learn and/or where do you work? I am always interested in where the ideas come from, sort of putting related infos together in my head.

hello meiissi,
try it and you'll see that the lining sleeve is very easy to deploy.

#4 jcsprowls

jcsprowls

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

This is a little more than I typically add to the crown of a sleeve lining; but, the method is similar. I taper down to the elbow, though - it's just an easier point to find and it happens to make laying out a little more efficient.

Are you also adding to the armhole, so there's enough lining material to come up & over the shell cloth of the coat? If yes, then you should be able to safely reduce the amount of extra lining you add to the crown of the sleeve.

Dir, Product Development

web: http://www.studio9apparel.com
portfolio: http://www.behance.net/studio9apparel

#5 daristi

daristi

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

This is a little more than I typically add to the crown of a sleeve lining; but, the method is similar. I taper down to the elbow, though - it's just an easier point to find and it happens to make laying out a little more efficient.

Are you also adding to the armhole, so there's enough lining material to come up & over the shell cloth of the coat? If yes, then you should be able to safely reduce the amount of extra lining you add to the crown of the sleeve.

jcsprowls
Thanks for your response.
I have chosen 7cm, the lining is then pushed across the sleeve cap. the customer has a huge place his arm to stabbing.
You're right about that extra 5mm length. margin for this is a bad job or someone with extra wide shoulders.
daristi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users