Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Coats in general
    Ladie's coat's in particular

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

hello,
Here as promised last images drawn from “Les Créations Parisiennes” published between 1932 and 1933. These images have me summers offered by my 65 year old professor now, who had obtained them a long time ago already tailor who left to the retirement. It is thus with a great pleasure that I share them with you.
Précision: the images are not presented to you per period (summer/spring/winter) or per year (1932 or 1933). In the near future I will present in the gallery all these images classified by numbers, that will make it possible to have a better vision of the variations of this short period.
my preference goes towards the number 316 (the green coat with handles and collar in leopard).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
anfänger ; beginner ; principiante ; débutant

http://philippecairo.wordpress.com

#2 eboli

eboli

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:bespoke tailoring

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

Marvellous!! Thanks!
A lot of bias cut which is very tricky to master.

For all those interested in that technique I sincerely recommend Betty Kirke's "Madeleine Vionnet" (Chronicle Books 1998, ISBN 0811819973). Best couture book I have ever seen!
www.barbaraboll.com

#3 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Very nice!

#4 Gustav Mahler

Gustav Mahler

Umsie

• Senior Apprentice
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

Beautiful ! Has anyone any idea of how the n°428 is made, particularly the knoting point at the back ? I wonder if the under part (top of the diamond) is separated in two straps and then sewn together when passed over the top part or if it is something else ? I don't have much experience in dressmaking so any clue and advice is welcome !

#5 cthomas

cthomas

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Beautiful ! Has anyone any idea of how the n°428 is made, particularly the knoting point at the back ? I wonder if the under part (top of the diamond) is separated in two straps and then sewn together when passed over the top part or if it is something else ? I don't have much experience in dressmaking so any clue and advice is welcome !

I'd think that there would also be a seam in the top part coming from the shoulders, but the seams seem to be missing a lot in general, the dress doesn't have a side or centre back seam either. The poor woman won't be able to get out of her dress unless it's a stretch fabric

#6 Violet

Violet

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

Very beautiful! Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users