3 replies to this topic

#1 Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Does anyone have ideas on where to buy wool-linen suiting fabric? The iGents on Styleforum aren't very interested in it--they'd rather discuss fresco or hopsacks--but I like it. I have an OTR jacket in it, and as C. Despos wisely said on one of the few clothing fora threads on the topic, "It is the optimal cloth if you want to wear linen without the resort look."

Some pics of olddog wearing it in that thread.

Does anyone know where to find small lengths of it in a 50-50 blend? Preferably an online retailer or one who's happy to send samples. 330-380g would be ideal.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ladhrann

ladhrann

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

There's a couple of cloth jobbers on ebay UK who have some, also some wool/linen/silk blends: http://www.ebay.co.u...l linen suiting. Where are you based and I may be able to recommend a few cloth merchants/jobbers?

#3 Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Great, thanks ladhrann! Northeastern United States.

#4 ladhrann

ladhrann

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Great, thanks ladhrann! Northeastern United States.

Not at all, I saw the post on SF but didn't have a chance to reply. Did you check the links on ebay? Some of the jobbers will post swatches, I've bought from some of them before and the cloth is fine. Be aware as well that most of the wool/linen mixes atend to have silk as well. I could only find two or three that were solely wool/linen and one was in a hopsack weave.

If you're in the NE US what is the nearest major city to you? Would you be able to visit the Garment District in New York City for instance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users