#1 LuKas02

LuKas02

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I have just had a client asking me for a high waist trouser with a push up effect on his thighs.

My way of drawing patterns is based on both percival Thickett and the Napolitano methods which I reviewed a bit to match the current style.

I have thus no problem with the high waist side of the enquiry, but I really don't know how to create that push up effect that my client is asking.

Has anybody any tips on that particular point?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas.

#2 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

http://www.cutterand...p?showtopic=694
maybe you can found information here. Those are tight in the hip and thighs.
In jeans they "form" butt and thighs. But that is a stiff fabric.
lg
posaune
  • Schneiderfrei likes this

#3 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

To be honest (and I'm sure others feel the same) I have never heard of "push up" in combination with men's trousers.

Please elaborate further.

• tailleuse likes this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#4 LuKas02

LuKas02

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

@Posaune : Thank you for the link, I had read this thread before posting and I didn't find it to have the answers I was looking for.

@Schneidergott : Actually, it appears I made a mistake in translating my thoughts to English. When looking for an appropriate wording to say "bottom" I found "thighs". To give you more details, my client has lost a lot of weight recently and the skin of his bottom became flabby and sagging. His desire is that his pants have a push up effect on his bottom and make it rounder.

I am looking for a way to do it but cannot find it by myself. I think I should work on the slant of the center back seam but cannot find a clue about it or if it even is the right thing to modifiy for what my client desires.

#5 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

Unless you make him Lycra® or similar material trousers there is no way you are going to accomplish that task.

Your client should have a look at special underwear or do special butt exercises.

andrew-christian-Mens-Underwear-Brand-Ne

• SPOOKIETOO likes this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#6 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Only way is shape wear or tight jeans. Google for Butt lifting jeans.
lg
posaune

Text of a shop:
Butt Lifting Jeans

....... Butt lifting denims use special lifting technology instead of padding.
Their secret is a diagonal seam that extends in a heart shape around the rear, rounding around the hips....

#7 MANSIE WAUCH

MANSIE WAUCH

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

Post deleted

Edited by MANSIE WAUCH, 14 July 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#8 LuKas02

LuKas02

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Hello everybody and thank you for your answers.

After some research and discussing the subject with my client, I decided to go for a try. Here is the method I will apply :

First, I will make the trousers a bit tight around the bottom and the top of the leg.

Then, I will stretch the bottom where my client wants it to be largest.

The idea is that, as the client if putting his trousers on, the flesh will not have space where it usually is and will thus occupy the volume I will have created by stretching.

As my client doesn't want the heart-shaped outside seam (as can be seen on female butt lifting jeans), I will stabilize this stretching with a strip of lining invisibly sewn in the inside.

Finally, as i cannot hide 2 to 3 additional darts under a patch pocket, I will replace the single dart in the middle of the pocket by a couple of those and increase the dart at the center back seam.

Hopefully, it will work and I will keep you updated if you wish.

• fronno and Schneiderfrei like this

#9 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:39 AM

It sounds good. But it depends on the weight of the skin folds the clienth has.
Maybe some inserted power stretch (used in bras) in the back trousers can help.
I have heard, that a prominent Talk Masters solved his gaining and loosign weight this way.
With darts included in back centerseam I had no big luck. I could take way 1 to 2 cm that's all.
Would be nice if you write about your progress.
lg
posaune
  • Schneiderfrei likes this

#10 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

After digesting the terminology, it sounds like tight fitting jeans with particular emphasis on shape of the upper legs and buttocks. Now of course there are some options, you can routinely get a one way stretch denim that looks OK after it has been washed a few times and if you have a good supply of non stretch denim you can tailor the shape with enough pattern profile and darts but it will come at the price that it also profiles any gut just below the waistline which is often not a good look.

Now while you can usually get some viable result in shaping the torso region so that the butt fits OK and still has a bit of room for the front fit, there is not a lot you can do about the thigh size and if the upper legs are too tight it will drag the fit of the rest of the trousers out of shape. I have posted some data recently about the back seam design of slim fit trousers which may help some but it sounds like conventional darts below the back waistline with corrections made at about hip height in the side seams. Stretch denim or similar will make the task a lot easier.

#11 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

push up on his thighs...  not on the butt. Just cut the trouser straight down so nicely.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 14 November 2015 - 03:04 PM.

www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#12 LuKas02

LuKas02

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:42 AM

Now that I have come with a new topic, I realize I have not updated this topic and all of you who helped me, sorry about that and once again, thank you for your help and your concern.

Luckily I have finally discovered the "Follow this topic" button and such lengths of time before my answers will not happen again.

In the end, after multiple try-ons, it ended as you suggested, putting the effort on th upper thighs. The centerback seam dart was not of much help indeed and obtaining a perfect fit on the kidneys helped to give the impression of a more horizontal lower back, and thus a rounder bottom.

All the problem ended in finding how much material to take off at upper thighs without creating too much tension and loosing the fit of the lower leg.

My client accepted to opt for a slightly stretch fabric and in the end was happy with the result.

Too bad he refused to have pictures taken of the result but maybe I will do one for myself after I think about some improvements for difficult physiques (as I am very erected, flat-butted and usually walk and stand with feet very close) and will post pictures then.

This is thanks to you all that i could make a man happy and feel good, and I hope I can be of help in return some day soon (although I must be of the youngest on this forum ^^).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users