21 replies to this topic

#19 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

Thanks, Peter, for writing your story here. it is very interesting to read condensed nearly sixty years of life in a few
paragraphs

If it is not too nosy and you have some time to answer I would appreciate
to hear something about how you trained young peoples for a life in your craft to not at least to quality, service and value.
lg
posaune
  • tarcisio likes this

#20 tarcisio

tarcisio

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

Hello Peter!

I just want to say thank you for sharing your story!

The coat that you made is fantastic!

Thank you

#21 Henry Hall

Henry Hall

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

It's interesting to hear about the other tailors on Savile Row; all those sharing premises with the big houses. The bigger names take a lot of the limelight.

Each phenomenon which is taken up should be treated with as much thoroughness as possible at that standpoint... One thing at a time and that done well!

- Otto Jespersen (How to Teach a Foreign Language).

#22 Ash Zrl

Ash Zrl

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

Peter ur love for the Art of tailoring and ur desire to be connected to this forum at 86, has moved me!

In my country (Nepal) being a tailor is considered being a low cast, untouchable. In my family, nobody supported me when I wanted to learn tailoring. That is why I spent 8 years working as a designer. When I started learning to sew a pant, people looked down on me. Everybody discouraged me, even the tailors i worked with. After I decided to come to New York to learn Pattern making and Jacket construction, people around me were confused n was wondering whats going on. Well, being a tailor is my passion and I love every bit of it.

In my bucket list is to visit Naples and Savil Row. Peter, when I will be strolling in the streets of SR, your story will come alive in my mind and jsrowan you were the chosen one to find the 31-yr old gem and it created an opportuniy for me to be a witness of this touching legacy through this forum. best wishes to u n enjoy wearing the priceless vintage!
  • Measure Man and Schneiderfrei like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users