#1 Aruzta

Aruzta

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hi everyone,

We’re two young entrepreneurs that want to start a custom made shirts selling platform in Europe. The marketing plan and business model is already predetermined and we’re now looking for a supplier that can produce our shirts based on different style.

We started investigating in Asia, and mostly in Thailand where we could find some small tailor shops ready to cut and sew our product. Unfortunately, the great distance and communication problems were big issues in our business that didn’t allow us to have a perfect follow up of the orders.

Today, we’re looking for a manufacturer in Europe and we found Portugal to be an appropriate place with great experience in this field. Unfortunately, we haven’t found our manufacturer yet and we’re planning on going there in a couple of months in order to investigate what can be done. Obviously before going over there, we’d like to have a few hints on the region, area and places we could visit and people who we should meet.

Could anyone help guide us on finding the appropriate contacts in Portugal so we can plan our trip over there?

Thanks

#2 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

Portugal is an interesting place: there is a LOT of old-school knowledge and expertise there. Contact member Alfye and ask him. I'm sure he can help you along.

Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

#3 shirtmaven

shirtmaven

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:instagram cegonyc

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

Suitsupply used to use a good factory in Portugal.  not sure who.  most of the fabric used came from a mill in India that I work with.

• tailleuse likes this

#4 Aruzta

Aruzta

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Martin Stall:

thanks for the information, I'll try to get in touch with Alfye.

shirtmaven:

would you have more information about this factory they use in Portugal ? and about this mill in India you're working with ? I'd be very interested in this

#5 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:58 AM

(Sartodi)Napoli,

what is your company's website where the interested (and of course non-tacky) customers can go and order shirts made by the most honest and best of all shirtmakers?

And you surely must be the best, because you got it all figured out after studying 2 years in Naples.

I, as so many others around the (Internet) world, would really like to see samples of excellence, which is otherwise so hard to find!

• sewbot likes this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#6 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

Dear Napoli,

seeing that you are now badmouthing me on probably all other forums where you spread your silly hate messages I see no other solution as to get you banned permanently from this forum.

I will also take the time and delete any trace of all of your unprofessional comments ever made on this forum.

Your obsessive behaviour is not healthy, which you, as a studied person should know. Get yourself some professional help!

• sewbot likes this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

#7 Aruzta

Aruzta

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Schneidergott,

I thought it wasn't worth trying to argue with such a judgemental and arrogant comment from Napoli, but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that thought this bashing was inappropriate.

#8 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

Schneidergott,

I thought it wasn't worth trying to argue with such a judgemental and arrogant comment from Napoli, but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that thought this bashing was inappropriate.

Well, he's on a crusade to defend the honest artisans of Naples and to expose the tackies and scammers.

Which is fine, but the way he does it is simply wrong. He's a very angry person!

• tailleuse and napoli like this

#9 jason Liwanag

jason Liwanag

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Did anyone find a made to measure shirt manufacturer in Portugal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users