#1 Yannis Gakis

Yannis Gakis

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hello,

My company specializes in Businesswear for Women and we are looking for pattern makers in Europe or the US with good knowledge and expertise in this particular field. Our garment selection includes high quality wool from well known factories in Italy, Vitale Barberis, Drago, Reda etc and thus pattern design and fit has to be exceptional.

This is freelance work, no deadlines, we exchange information measurements, and we pay upfront ones we know the design meets our specifications.

We have our own inhouse production with pattern maker and Lectra system and we are looking for quality work to compete at a higher level.

Kindly contact us via our website www.gaki.gr or personal email at ygakis@gmail.com

Best Regards

#2 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

Hello,

My company specializes in Businesswear for Women and we are looking for pattern makers in Europe or the US with good knowledge and expertise in this particular field. Our garment selection includes high quality wool from well known factories in Italy, Vitale Barberis, Drago, Reda etc and thus pattern design and fit has to be exceptional.

This is freelance work, no deadlines, we exchange information measurements, and we pay upfront ones we know the design meets our specifications.

We have our own inhouse production with pattern maker and Lectra system and we are looking for quality work to compete at a higher level.

Kindly contact us via our website www.gaki.gr or personal email at ygakis@gmail.com

Best Regards

Excellent cuts and work on their site. Didn't know such pure elegance exist anywhere.

Germany had such style until the sixties when they still lived with virtues. The virtues in Germany are long gone down the drain into the toilet.

• Yannis Gakis likes this
www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#3 Yannis Gakis

Yannis Gakis

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

Best Regards Mr Z, thank you! 

I have been following this great forum for quite some time, but it looks like I require assistance to get my message out. Open to suggestions on when and where I should post / follow up or contact some of the senior members, to get my message out. There are accomplished pattern makers within this community and I would love to meet them and possibly work with them or their colleagues.

Any ideas?

#4 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Are you looking for pattern makers who draft with Lectra rather than ones who draft manually?
Are you looking for patterns made to industry standard measurements or custom patterns for individual clients?
  • J. Maclochlainn likes this

#5 Yannis Gakis

Yannis Gakis

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Are you looking for pattern makers who draft with Lectra rather than ones who draft manually?
Are you looking for patterns made to industry standard measurements or custom patterns for individual clients?

Hi Terri,

good questions thank you!

Looking for pattern drafters who specialize in Womens suiting, jacket and pants.

So both Lectra and manually could work, I have meet and worked with both but my opinion is that draping is the best approach when you aim for the best fit and design. Womens blazers that are above average pattern wise are difficult to find, even well known brands dont really spend that much attention, not sure why maybe its because the market is smaller, maybe it is much harder for a mens article to look feminine and all that, sometimes its just not in fashion, suits so they just dont bother. My work on the other hand is dedicated to womens suits, Lawyers Judges Business politics etc, these are my clients

I am currently working with 2 pattern drafters that have worked for well known brands, Armani Dolce&Gabbana Celine Agnona, what I have discovered is that both know well one type of jacket, so yes I now have 2 or 3 very nice jackets but when I ask for variations or say a different balance I get the same jacket slightly altered. Not to mention that most of these jackets they design and send me are not Suiting ready because they are previously altered for a variety of fabrics usually selected to make women's suits more feminine, softer etc. My jackets use mens fabrics pure new wool super 100s up to 160 from well known factories like Barberis Drago Reda etc

As to your second question, looking for industry standards, well have my own standard measurements, but not custom made for clients no.

I hope these help, thank you for your interest.

Best

• Hargovind likes this

#6 DANISH

DANISH

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:garment technics

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:03 AM

i am interested. 

#7 Yannis Gakis

Yannis Gakis

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:12 PM

Hi Danish, thank you for your interest! Received your message with your info and education, if you like you can send me some pictures of relevant patterns or best images of toile samples, previous work experience and expertize for womens business suits. In a few words I would like to be interested as well. Many thanks!

ps: You can see what we do here : www.gaki.gr

i am interested. 

Edited by Yannis Gakis, 05 August 2017 - 11:15 PM.

• Schneiderfrei likes this

#8 DANISH

DANISH

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:garment technics

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

Thank you Sir for your interest. Would you like to send your email address, so we can easily make conversation ans able to send you my work's pictures. my email address is: danish19831@gmail.com

Edited by DANISH, 06 August 2017 - 01:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users