2 replies to this topic

#1 jw359

jw359

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

This is my first post on Cutter and Tailor so apologies in advance if the question has already been asked or something. 

So my question is pretty basic:

I've just bought a thimble gauge from Lacis, but I have no idea how to use it. Also, when I do have my size, which thimble should I purchase, the 'Tailor's Thimble, Deep Dimple (silver coloured, RQ60) or the Tailor's Thimble, Open Top, Heavy Brass (brass/gold coloured, RQ62)? 

Thanks in advance.

#2 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

I have a couple of the RQ60's as backups and they are good. Coarse grating allows for positive connection and feedback of the needle eye and the plating lasts for quite some time. As for using the gauge? No clue, however I'd imagine you slide your thimble finger in until just under the first bend of the knuckle and use that measure.
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#3 jw359

jw359

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I have a couple of the RQ60's as backups and they are good. Coarse grating allows for positive connection and feedback of the needle eye and the plating lasts for quite some time. As for using the gauge? No clue, however I'd imagine you slide your thimble finger in until just under the first bend of the knuckle and use that measure.

Ok, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users