#1 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Corporette is a website that I discovered a couple of weeks ago. I believe the editor is a lawyer who worked for a corporate law firm who now does something else. The site provides style advice for younger women who work in conservative corporate environments, although the more classic styles could be worn by women of any age.

Just about every day the editor features an outfit that might be wearable in a more formal office environment. The readers provide feedback in the comments.

If I were a bespoke tailor who wanted more women customers, I would read sites like this. Their readers are the type of women who actually have the need for, and the potential means to buy custom made suits and dresses. They want to look good, but most of them don't want to scream their attractiveness; they need to be taken seriously. The clothes also need to be reasonably comfortable; business people who make the kind of money required to buy bespoke clothes usually work very long hours.

Following are some sample posts:

Guide to Basic Women's Suiting

http://corporette.co...womens-suiting/

How to Wear a Pinstriped Suit

http://corporette.co...instriped-suit/

Edited by tailleuse, 13 May 2011 - 01:06 PM.

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

#2 marie6176

marie6176

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:SEWING, TAILORING, IMPROVING MY SKILLS IN SIMILAR FIELDS,HEIRLOOM SEWING, VINTAGE SEWING

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Corporette is a website that I discovered a couple of weeks ago. I believe the editor is a lawyer who worked for a corporate law firm who now does something else. The site provides style advice for younger women who work in conservative corporate environments, although the more classic styles could be worn by women of any age.

Just about every day the editor features an outfit that might be wearable in a more formal office environment. The readers provide feedback in the comments.

If I were a bespoke tailor who wanted more women customers, I would read sites like this. Their readers are the type of women who actually have the need for, and the potential means to buy custom made suits and dresses. They want to look good, but most of them don't want to scream their attractiveness; they need to be taken seriously. The clothes also need to be reasonably comfortable; business people who make the kind of money required to buy bespoke clothes usually work very long hours.

Following are some sample posts:

Guide to Basic Women's Suiting

http://corporette.co...womens-suiting/

How to Wear a Pinstriped Suit

http://corporette.co...instriped-suit/

Thanks Tailleuse,
I bookmarked the site that I did not know.

Edited by marie6176, 14 May 2011 - 11:06 PM.

Marie-NoŽlle LAFOSSE
Visit My Website

#3 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Tailleuse,
I bookmarked the site that I did not know.

Oh, you're welcome. I'd never heard of it either, until recently. I think it's helpful to see what kinds of clothes real business women are responding to. The only other group of women I can think of who would have the money for bespoke tailoring is what used to be called "The Ladies Who Lunch." (Rich, very thin women who lived on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and who would meet their friends at local restaurants, like Morton's and La Goulue.) I imagine a lot of them now buy RTW designer clothes or couture and I'm not sure how many of them regularly wear suits and relatively formal, tailored daytime clothes.

But you have to read the comments to the posts, because readers don't always agree that a particular look would work in their offices.

Edited by tailleuse, 17 May 2011 - 12:08 AM.

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users