Photo

Good Prices for Tailoring Students' Supplies: Lichtenstein & Co.

tailoring supplies discount suppliers NYC tailoring supply shops

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

Lichtenstein & Co., located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, has a wide variety of tailoring supplies at discounted prices. It carries things like linings, interfacings, canvasses, tapes, meltons, waxed thread, and buttons. The proprietor or manager, a man named Saul, told me that the store has sold to tailoring students for many years.  The establishment is located near the first stop in Brooklyn on the J Line (Marcy Avenue), and it does ship by UPS.  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a website, but if you call I'm sure that Saul will do his best to answer your questions.  I recommended the store to a blogger a few months ago after she requested help in locating a tailoring product.  He sent her some samples, and she was happy with the service.

Here are the numbers on the card Saul gave me. I believe the store is closed on Saturdays, but open on Sundays.  In any event, you can leave a message.

So if you're interested in exploring inexpensive tailoring goods, you'd better call Saul.  ("Breaking Bad"/Vince Gilligan reference.)

Lichtenstein & Co.

206 Broadway

Brooklyn, NY 11211

Toll Free

800 221 7746

Cell

347 742 2581

212 226 5921

718 387 1048

Fax

718 387 1049

• sewbot, pgb123, Allsinc and 1 other like this

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

#2 Tarrasque

Tarrasque

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:08 AM

Thank you for the post.

Do you know if there is a website?
Or if we can order a catalog?

Brooklyn is a heck of a drive from here.

#3 Murkiavelli

Murkiavelli

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Tweed, Waistcoats, Braces, Flatcaps, Mandarin Collars, diamond tip bowties, brogues, to name a few.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

Thank you, Tailleuse - Ill be sure to stop by on my next trip to NYC and pass my regards along to Saul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tailoring supplies, discount suppliers, NYC tailoring supply shops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users