#20 Schneiderfrei

Schneiderfrei

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:learning and imagination

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

I bought some of Maldonado's teaching material. 

He's a shirt maker and his methods are efficient and specific and very professional. 

I was glad to get them.

G

Shell made out of gold
Found on a beach picked up and you held so close

#21 mhoyle

mhoyle

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Which materials did you buy?

#22 jojo remeny

jojo remeny

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

Im a fashion designer/Tailor .I had to make a customer 5 bespoke shirts and had not made any for years so forgot how to pattern cut Nat books including Aldrich (which i have are not good) I live in Birmingham England and have a big Pakistani community
I know a good Pakistani tailor who makes traditional men's long kurtas (shirts)
He showed me his method which was very quick and simple and surprisingly accurate as I had fitting on customer. I suggest you find an Asian Indian/Pakistani tailor as they make traditional shirts all the time and they direct draft straight onto fabric.
I purchased mike Maldonado course on shirt making and his pattern drafting on collars and shirts
Really good and informative
I like his section on fell seams. .
I would seek out a shirt maker/tailor especially the Asian tailors who I mentioned and buy some of mike Maldonado course.. You Will learn a lot And Mike gives one year support as well which is anazing.

#23 Schneiderfrei

Schneiderfrei

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Which materials did you buy?

Sorry, I didn't see this.  I got several, shirt construction vids, Shirt fitting, pockets and art of shirt cutting.

Shell made out of gold

#24 jojo remeny

jojo remeny

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

I forgot to mention 400 Dollars is full course. I bought just part of course just shirt making cost I think 25 dollars ,well worth it and I bought his drafting shirt pattern I think 3 dollars . I also bought collar course 15 dollars ??
So you can choose parts of the course you want to buy and u get full year support.. I think I paid in total for some of the course 40 dollars ...cheap !!! And he has great knowledge about all types of shirts and fitting problems .
I was surprised when he emailed me that real bespoke tailored shirt making do not put darts in back ,that's cheap factory production method.He mentioned that shirts should be shaped ,I'm guessing with a centre back seam like a jacket to get shape and fit in back area without resorting to back darts ..
  • Schneiderfrei likes this

#25 mhoyle

mhoyle

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and bought the Beginners Draft. But his site is so incredibly user unfriendly that I can not for the love of god figure out how to download what I just purchased. And I don't have an email with a download link either.

• Schneiderfrei likes this

#26 Schneiderfrei

Schneiderfrei

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:56 AM

I do remember that mhoyle, now that you mention it.  I bought mine a few years ago. I forget how you do the download now, sorry.

Shell made out of gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users