• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#37 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ah I see! Thank you for explaining it to me, Jeffrey2117. The tailor asked me to send the suits back so that he/she could make some alterations (the photos were only a "first fitting"). I will have it cleaned and pressed once it gets back, and definitely will post photos. :)  

Hello CatherineM,

We look forwards to seeing photo's after alterations and pressing. 

Kind regards

Jeffrey2117

"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

#38 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Another suggestion is to find a local tailor who would be willing to do a fitting and then you send it back for finishing. He would charge for his time, which could be about an hours worth of time. Maybe an old tailor in a retirement home would be interested.

#39 MANSIE WAUCH

MANSIE WAUCH

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

I did not know old tailors went into retirement homes, I always thought they went straight to the big workroom in the sky!

#40 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

It is certainly one job that can work that way.

I one local tailor retired rather early. He must have invested his money. He did alterations, must have done mtm and charged a fortune for custom. His starting price, back in the 70s, was $450, but if you wanted to pay thousands he knew how to add to the price for nicer and nicer and nicer and nicer and nicer and nicer and nicer....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users