Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

Both suits are nice made and cut, I like suit#1 better cause of the fabric. Both have the same pattern, both ballanced right. You have a normal posture, so it shouldn't be difficult for the tailor. The picture with jeans are disturbing cause you dont stand stright with belly moved up front. Thats way someone say the ballance could be strange. With suit you need to stand proud and straight... For the Tailor you need to insist for a waist coat. There is not much money to be made by stitching a waist coat together that's way he dont like to make one for you. The waisting is on limit with waist coat he cant do that strong waisting.

Nice jackets you got I must say.
www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#20 I.Brackley

I.Brackley

Apprentice

• Senior Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:History, art theory, subculture anthropology

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

The tailor was reluctant to make me such a waisted coat. He tried persuading me to let him ease it off a little -- but I insisted on it. The wasp waist makes for a lot of visual impact. This is not a discreet cut. I may someday reconsider this aesthetic.

IMHO I think the waisted look is fantastic (that may be my Neo-Edwardian side speaking) and I agree it is a very visually assertive look. In this *ahem* "corpulent" age when you've got a waist, flaunt it as long as you can :thumbsup:
"The possibilities that exist in the portrayal of personality constitute the strongest, and in fact the only unanswerable argument for the supremacy of Custom Tailoring"

-F.T. Croonborg, c. 1917

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users