1 reply to this topic

#1 OJD

OJD

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Found some genuine millerain wax cotton in a discount bin. I bought a few meters in navy and olive. But what should I make from it? A mackintosh? I think it's too lightweight to make up a barbour international or belstaff type jacket. But it would be swell. Ideas would be appreciated. Is there anything I should think about when working with this cloth? Cotton/poly core spun thread I presume?

#2 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

You should be able to make a light to medium all weather jacket out of it. I used to wear Belstaff jackets back when I rode bikes and if you kept them in good nick you could survive incredibly heavy rain in one while riding. It will need to be lined so you don't make a mess of clothing under it but that also allows you to multi-layer it with very warm fabrics if thats what you need. 75 weight poly-cotton would work well if you have a machine set up for it and press studs over a good quality zipper would keep the wind out. Press stud sleeve closers would also be useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users