1 reply to this topic

#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

I have collected the series of essays on the dress etiquette of wedding attire for the groom, wedding party and other men in attendance in this thread as I expect them to prove popular with readers:

Part I: Formal Men's Daywear for the Bridesgroom

Part II: Informal Men's Daywear for the Bridesgroom

Part III: The Bridesgroom's Evening Dress for Receptions

Part IV: Livery (Formal Dress for Staff Members)

The threads cover in detail topics such as the correct attire for the groom for both formal as well as informal weddings, as well as those in attendance, mostly chauffeurs and catering staff.

Readers should keep in mind that these are not intended to be rigid Rules that must be followed for Pain of Death. In most cases, a summary of the traditional dress guidelines is given, and suggestions for how to modernise and fashionably depart from tradition follows.

Posted Image

#2 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Please note that extensive revisions have been made to Parts I-III. In particular, a great deal more emphasis has been placed on looking modern while still giving readers the basic outlines of more classical ways of dressing. In addition I have added a lot of images to the threads to illustrate them more sumptuously. In fact, they are thorough enough to make them an interesting read in their own right, whether you are attending a wedding or not.

The series now represents the most thorough review of wedding attire for bridegrooms I can ever recall seeing. Never have I seen anything as in depth from over the last 200 years. Yet it embraces everything from the most formal to the most casual beach wedding, while taking into account both traditional and creative-modern fashions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users