6 replies to this topic

#1 mattymoo

mattymoo

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have outgrown (!) a pair of Ede and Ravenscroft stripes morning trousers and I am considering a bespoke pair. 

The reason for this is because: 

1) I cannot find fishtail trousers off the peg

2) The pleats are always "wrong" (normally backwards)

3) I can experiment with patterns. 

Can anyone contradict my rationale, i.e. point to a good off-the-peg alternative? 

Otherwise, can anyone recommend a good trouser maker, including Savile Row if necessary. I am looking for the most formal option. I have a morning vest from Andersen and Sheppard but I have been told that the "build" of their garments is "easier" than others. I was thinking Henry Poole for the most formal wear? 

#2 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

http://www.berlinbes...m/highrise.html

My site is taken down very soon, as I don't need the site anymore. So take a look and enjoy, as you will see such work nowhere in this world anymore.

If someone need something, my email is uschoen@hotmail.com. After WW3, you will find me anyway. I then, will teach tailoring to many people for free.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 01 August 2015 - 11:56 AM.

www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#3 ChiTownTailor

ChiTownTailor

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bespoke tailoring, bespoke shoemaking, bespoke shirtmaking, and all that jazz :-)

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

That's very sad to hear DZ.
  • cperry and Schneiderfrei like this
-There might be a lot of tweed merchants out there making a bodger, but I'm sure not one of them. I'd rather be kicking my heels than making a pork on the mangle. No crushed beetles to be found here!

#4 mattymoo

mattymoo

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Beautiful stuff! 

I have heard back from: 

Ede and Ravenscroft

Dege and Skinner

Anderson and Sheppard

Kashket

Any recommendations? 

#5 Henry Hall

Henry Hall

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

Maybe if you take the old pair back to Ede & Ravenscroft and ask them to duplicate them, you'll get what you want? On their part they'll probably want to prove that they can still provide the same satisfaction.

Each phenomenon which is taken up should be treated with as much thoroughness as possible at that standpoint... One thing at a time and that done well!

- Otto Jespersen (How to Teach a Foreign Language).

#6 mattymoo

mattymoo

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Well, the problem is that my Ede and Ravenscroft pair were off the peg and therefore are not fishtail back and are also too tight around the waist without much seam to widen... 

#7 ChiTownTailor

ChiTownTailor

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bespoke tailoring, bespoke shoemaking, bespoke shirtmaking, and all that jazz :-)

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

Well, the problem is that my Ede and Ravenscroft pair were off the peg and therefore are not fishtail back and are also too tight around the waist without much seam to widen...

Fishtail or not, as long as you can do this with your morning trousers you are perfectly fine, trust me!
http://usercontent1....229566_f520.jpg

Edited by ChiTownTailor, 01 August 2015 - 08:18 PM.

-There might be a lot of tweed merchants out there making a bodger, but I'm sure not one of them. I'd rather be kicking my heels than making a pork on the mangle. No crushed beetles to be found here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users