55 replies to this topic

#55 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,932 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

I agree that it makes much more sense to spend money on bespoke clothes than on bespoke tattoos. If you get sick of the former, you get new ones. If you get sick of the latter, plastic surgery is rather expensive - you could have got a cashmere coat instead. If you get drunk and get inked, the drink may make you think that your choice is eternally stylish, but there will come a time it starts to look rather old and passť. Then what?

Now that my renovations are coming along, my journals are out of their boxes (but rather out of order). I must pluck out some '50s Rundschaus/T&Cs to post some more nice stuff.
Gustav Mahler (1860-1911): "Tradition ist die Weitergabe des Feuers und nicht die Anbetung der Asche."

"Tradition is about passing on the flame, and not the worshipping of ashes"

#56 tailleuse

tailleuse

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

If you get sick of the latter, plastic surgery is rather expensive ...

I think doctors are using lasers to remove them. It's very unpleasant to think about.

Some people on the other site had posted photos of their not quite yet healed scars. I'd never thought of that aspect. Ugh.

There's a sewing blogger who is covered with lurid tattoos and on top of that she has an affinity for loud prints. When she's wearing one of her creations, which usually highlight her tats, I feel as if I'm looking at a circus act. But many women apparently share her sensibility.

De gustibus...

Edited by tailleuse, 02 June 2012 - 06:49 AM.

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users