41 replies to this topic

#37 jcsprowls

jcsprowls

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

We've already covered this in this thread and several other places in the forum:
  • Gutermann A192 and Mara 150 are the same thickness
  • You can't order onesie-twosie from Gutermann; and,
  • not every retailer carries Mara 150.

Read the pamphlets. They tell you what needle size is recommended for each thickness of thread. It's in there. I'm not making this stuff up.

Also: go back to the Gutermann site. There's many other pamphlets about seam formation, quality and strength.

Dir, Product Development

web: http://www.studio9apparel.com
portfolio: http://www.behance.net/studio9apparel

#38 Che Pasticcio

Che Pasticcio

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

We've already covered this in this thread and several other places in the forum:

• Gutermann A192 and Mara 150 are the same thickness
  • You can't order onesie-twosie from Gutermann; and,
  • not every retailer carries Mara 150.

Read the pamphlets. They tell you what needle size is recommended for each thickness of thread. It's in there. I'm not making this stuff up.

Also: go back to the Gutermann site. There's many other pamphlets about seam formation, quality and strength.

You're right. I've been a little overwhelmed having a bunch of threads/pdfs up that I missed it. How about tacking that extra cone? I take it you're ordering white, right? How much would it be? I could send you the paypal right away if that gives you peace of mind.

Thanks, J.

#39 hymo

hymo

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

The Mara and the AXXX thread are not the same. Same size, but different lustre, opacity, and "wooliness". Get the Mara.

#40 Che Pasticcio

Che Pasticcio

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

The Mara and the AXXX thread are not the same. Same size, but different lustre, opacity, and "wooliness". Get the Mara.

Yep, I got it now. I misunderstood earlier. I see Oshmann's has several threads including the Mara 150, however it's listed as A192-Mara 150 in 1094. The lady insisted they're the same, so she must have meant thickness, as Jcprowls pointed out. I'm not sure whether it's worth asking her whether it looks fuzzy or smooth. I should just buy 5000m to avoid receiving the fuzzy (wooly is more appropriate, although the -y- is killing me for both) AXXX.

Edited by Che Pasticcio, 10 December 2010 - 03:53 PM.

#41 jcsprowls

jcsprowls

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:24 AM

M150 runs about $11 for a 5Km cone plus shipping.

I have a full cone of white on the shelf. But, if you want specific shades, I need to add to my next thread order. I typically order twice each month.

Next order: Mon, 12/13

Dir, Product Development

web: http://www.studio9apparel.com
portfolio: http://www.behance.net/studio9apparel

#42 Che Pasticcio

Che Pasticcio

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

M150 runs about $11 for a 5Km cone plus shipping.

I have a full cone of white on the shelf. But, if you want specific shades, I need to add to my next thread order. I typically order twice each month.

Next order: Mon, 12/13

That's very nice of you to offer it to me. I think I'll hold off on the 150 for now and buy the 120 because I'm not sewing fine cotton or silk shirting right now, so I believe 120 will be sufficient. I'm going to order some from Wawak, as well as some Mara 220 in black and white for basting. I've been all over the place in these last few posts and I apologize. The Gutermann threads I would imagine are quite the leap from what I've been using

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users