1 reply to this topic

#1 Neil Nieto

Neil Nieto

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Long time lurker here... First contribution.

I tend to fall on the smaller end of the retail spectrum; so clothes in my size are non existent. So I have picked up the habit of sewing to make up for any short falls I have in my wardrobe. Though, I do get lucky from time to time and get some wonderful finds off of ebay.

One of the hardest things for me to find was a bow tie. Pre-tied's are pretty easy to come by and unfortunately I have had to make due with them. For the longest time, I have wanted upgrade to a self tie model. But my biggest issue with buying bow ties is a majority of them are adjustable and as such they have metal hardware that mars the band of fabric around your collar. (Yeah, I'm also a little bit on the picky side as well).

I have been putting off this project for a while but I finally got around to making myself a self tie bow tie. I am rather happy with the results. Since I have appropriated the silk and interfacing from a neck tie from a thrift store, I knew I wouldn't have enough fabric for a full bow tie. So my end result is a single ended bow tie. Here's the end result:

Posted Image

#2 Atgemis

Atgemis

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:cycling, eating, clothing

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

That is a lovely bow tie Neil. I always have left over silks from production runs. If you would like to buy some, just let me know. You can see the silks on www.lenoeudpapillon.com . If it is just for yourself, I am happy to photograph some left over pieces that you can buy and I will post them to you. Regards, Nicholas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users