2 replies to this topic

#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

The Professional Fora are protected and only members of the tailoring profession are allowed to post here. You will have to your membership upgraded to Professional Status to gain access here.

If you are a tailor or a tailor's apprentice please contact me (either a private message to me or via email) so you can be be granted access to the Professional Fora.

Members of related professions are also welcome: shirtmakers, tiemakers, dressmakers, tailoring supply sellers, cloth merchants and other textile industry and anyone else involved in the garment manufacturing business.

If you qualify for Professional Status please contact me telling me a little bit about who you are, and your professional background. It is preferred (though not absolutely necessary) that you have a professional website or blog to tell us who you are.

Lastly, information about gaining access to the Professional Fora is found in the Forum Guidelines. All new members are ask to read the forum guidelines because they contain vital information about how to use the forum.

Gustav Mahler (1860-1911): "Tradition ist die Weitergabe des Feuers und nicht die Anbetung der Asche."

"Tradition is about passing on the flame, and not the worshipping of ashes"

#2 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Tailors who have had their status upgraded to Professional are also encouraged to start a thread in the Tailor's Directory.

This is a professional listing directed at the clients that read the forum looking for a tailor in their local area. Please tell us a little about yourself, your styling philosophy, how to contact you, your website, and preferably some pictures of your work.

You can also contact me to have your details added to the country/regional directory eg North America, UK, France, Central Europe etc. Remember that as a forum member, you will have your listing placed at the top of the directory, ranked in order of post count.

Gustav Mahler (1860-1911): "Tradition ist die Weitergabe des Feuers und nicht die Anbetung der Asche."

#3 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

Despite every effort to get members of the trade to understand the need to apply to have their membership upgraded to Professional Status to post in the Professional Fora, new members keep asking why they can't post here.

The need to apply for an upgraded membership with Professional Status was included in the Terms of Agreement when you signed up. On signing up you were asked to read the Guidelines before posting, because this, and other useful information, is also found there. A large post is kept at the top of the Professional Forum to explain it. Another thread has now been pinned in the Announcements Forum to explain this.

I imagine people will still ask why they can't post in the Professional Fora. However, every effort has been made to try to bring this to your attention, and it is not for want to trying. To help encourage new members to understand the need to apply for the upgrade to Professional Status, when signing up the following challenge question will be asked:

Yes/No. Do you need to apply for Professional Status to post in the Professional Fora?

The answer to this question is obviously "yes".

If anyone has suggestions on how to get members to understand the need to apply for Professional Status please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users