Photo

Il Modellismo Sartoriale available for download.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#19 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Interests:Mainly tailoring it seems, but my friends know better...

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Thank you.

Kathleen, I'm not sure how to take your "thank you".

Just to be sure, I did not imply anything against you, quite the opposite (see below). When you mentionned the availability of the book, it was possible to download from the Library of Congress / Archive.org
Since it has been removed (as you updated on your blog), the chances are the publisher complained. And the book does be available to buy from its publisher.

There are a lot of pages scanned and made available here on C&T. Our policy is strict, and has always been the same : we share valuable information that is not available on the market anymore. We promote current publishers and invite people to buy books from them. Tailoring publishing is a small business, many publishers died, and people who still keep making books available deserve our support.

I'm confident that as an author yourself (of a book of great value !), you share this policy.

Maybe we should write a review of this book so that people know more about it before they buy (the price is not crazy, but not cheap either).
http://www.paulgrassart.com

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

#20 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Thanks. Posted Image

For the record, when I wrote this note of thanks I assumed the book was still available for legal download.

Edited by tailleuse, 22 October 2012 - 08:01 AM.

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

#21 gramountoto

gramountoto

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Sorry I didn't know it was still legally available. Could someone edit my previous post and delete the link ?

#22 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Sorry I didn't know it was still legally available. Could someone edit my previous post and delete the link ?

Done!

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#23 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Good suggestion. FYI, I wasn't blaming you. I only wanted it to be clear that I wasn't trying to do anything nefarious. Posted Image

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

#24 knellyff

knellyff

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ok guys thanks for all your support. Off to ebay

#25 creatieve mie

creatieve mie

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

Unfortunatemy this book will not be delivered to Belgium Anyone have a suggestion,other than traveling to Italy?

#26 OldDOGNewTRICKS

OldDOGNewTRICKS

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

Assuming it is not illegal to obtain a copy in Belgium.  if you have a person in another country receive the item and ship from individual to yourself shouldn't be that much more expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users