#1 bespokecollars

bespokecollars

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Attached File  07-15-2010+113646PM.JPG   50.1KB   79 downloads

I'm posting this topic and asking for suggestions.

I wish to make the detachable collar featured in the picture attached above. As the sketch suggests, the c.f. edges of the collar meet parallel. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on how this could be achieved?

You can see here on my website (6th row down on the right) I have made a prototype of the collar. But, it's one thing to have a collar that sits flush on a mannequin, quite another thing to have a collar like this that stays closed at c.f. with pressure from things like a neck-tie or movement of the neck and head.
Further more, if anyone has an actual sample of this collar I would love to see the make-up of it.

Thanks for helping.

Rhyce

Edited by bespokecollars, 11 March 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#2 jcsprowls

jcsprowls

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Are you asking about the draft? Or, the mechanism - if there is one - to keep it closed?

Dir, Product Development

web: http://www.studio9apparel.com
portfolio: http://www.behance.net/studio9apparel

#3 bespokecollars

bespokecollars

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

Are you asking about the draft? Or, the mechanism - if there is one - to keep it closed?

All of the above. I have made a rough draft, but I am open to suggestions - particularly about the types of stand that could be suggested.

#4 ACECAPS

ACECAPS

Apprentice

• Super Pro
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:patterns,cutting books-new&old,nice+big cutting shears
    tailortalk+c.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

dear colleague,
i guess part of it is done by the amount of starch having been "pumped" into these chokers.
the angles of curvature in the standing part of the collar and the falling part of it are almost equal.
(the rounder the curvature of the falling part is,the bigger is the distance from the standing part at the bottom)
i think you´re on the right way.keep trying ,maybe some more essays with cardboard on the mannikin-try changing
the curvature of the standing part. a simple g.i. marine full dress jacket-type standing collar,will do.

#5 bespokecollars

bespokecollars

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

dear colleague,
i guess part of it is done by the amount of starch having been "pumped" into these chokers.
the angles of curvature in the standing part of the collar and the falling part of it are almost equal.
(the rounder the curvature of the falling part is,the bigger is the distance from the standing part at the bottom)
i think you´re on the right way.keep trying ,maybe some more essays with cardboard on the mannikin-try changing
the curvature of the standing part. a simple g.i. marine full dress jacket-type standing collar,will do.

Hey ACECAPS.

I took your advice onboard and completely changed the collar band to the marine type band you suggested...the result is perfect. How on earth anyone wore these collars is a mystery to me...they are RELENTLESS in their height at the c.f.

Thanks for your advice. I will post some pics of the finished result when it comes back from the starcher.

Rhyce

Edited by bespokecollars, 26 March 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#6 DanMartin

DanMartin

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Watch closely at 0:01:50, and you'll see The Man pull a few out of the drawer. In subsequent shots throughout the documentary, you can see that they attach at the BACK of the neck. 

I assume the sort of collar you're looking to make is of that design. Lagerfeld's are made by Hilditch & Key of London.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users