• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#37 ChiTownTailor

ChiTownTailor

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bespoke tailoring, bespoke shoemaking, bespoke shirtmaking, and all that jazz :-)

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

I didn't like Grace Kelly's wedding dress.  I also didn't like Jackie Kennedy's wedding dress.
 Do I dislike 50s wedding dresses?  High Society Wedding dresses?

It seems there's a whole lot you don't like... I can't agree on any of the examples... Especially not on Middleton's dress
- I think it's elegant, simple and classic in a very Royal way!

Edited by ChiTownTailor, 28 February 2015 - 02:51 AM.

• SPOOKIETOO likes this
-There might be a lot of tweed merchants out there making a bodger, but I'm sure not one of them. I'd rather be kicking my heels than making a pork on the mangle. No crushed beetles to be found here!

#38 cperry

cperry

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Fine sewing for children, English smocking, tailoring for women and men

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

I like Middleton's dress and think it looks elegant. She is such a pretty lady. I agree with Jacqueline on what is said to be her thoughts on her dress compared to other dresses she wore. All those horizontal tucks seem to add weight to the dress. Her portrait is still beautiful, but the picture with JFK shows the added weight. Many women looked up to Jackie. I know my mother did!

It's easy to critique after the fact, though.  Had I to choose my wedding dress over again, I would choose differently.  But, life goes on.  :)

And, from the younger crowd here, the consensus is that both dresses are *very* pretty.

Edited by cperry, 28 February 2015 - 04:48 AM.

• SPOOKIETOO, ChiTownTailor and Schneiderfrei like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users