Photo

Any good tailors in France or passing through France?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#37 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Inasmuch as I know Paul, he's very serious, I'm sure there must be something keeping him beyond his control. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get back to you soon.
Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

#38 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thank you both, let's hope he is OK.

#39 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:53 AM

He just got back to me, everything's fine. :)

#40 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

Good, glad to hear it.
Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

#41 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

Paul, impossible to get in touch with you once again, your voicemail is full and I sent you several e-mails, one about a week ago and another one yesterday. What's happening? Please contact me!

#42 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

We need to go frog hunting again? xD
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#43 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Paul where are you? :Praying:

Edited by Virtus, 30 September 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#44 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

Just get in touch with me please, please, please!

Also, what happened to his website?

Edited by Virtus, 30 September 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#45 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

We need to go frog hunting again? xD

Jason, behave.

Nice to see you man. How are you, have you settled in and everything? Things going well?

#46 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Still no news and the coat has been in the works since mid-June... No way to get in touch with you Paul, I even dropped by your apartment and rang the bell to see if you were there today but no one answered!

Winter is coming and I need my coat! :unsure:

#47 dkst

dkst

Apprentice

• Senior Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

May I suggest sending him a personal message through the forum. He is just as likely or more likely to see it as if you post here, and that way your business is kept private.

#48 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

May I suggest sending him a personal message through the forum. He is just as likely or more likely to see it as if you post here, and that way your business is kept private.

I have done so about a dozen times.

#49 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

He's still missing... :(

#50 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

And he disappeared again! Missing since February, has anyone heard anything?

#51 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Just so you know, Paul (as I am doing) is doing an almost impossible task of establishing his house. Unfortunately, without help, one is stuck in a crazy cycle of find prospects, sale prospect, order, make and then do it all over again. Because there are not enogh hours in the day, it can be hard to both make AND find work. It can get overwhelming at times. You are not just a tailor, but you are a tailor, cutter, salesman, purchasing agent, administrator and marketeer. Then, you you have the fortune (good/bad) of finding an apprentice to train up, as I have, you become a mentor and teacher which adds to the weight.

I understand your frustration, but have a little understanding and support your tailor through thick and thin, in the end it will be worth it and you are supporting a craftsman, trying as hard as he may to overcome these obsticles and only time and a little understanding can help. Paul is a wonderful soul and has no want for tallant, but this crazy game can and will play upon ones confidence.
  • jeffrey2117 and like this
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#52 Virtus

Virtus

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Just so you know, Paul (as I am doing) is doing an almost impossible task of establishing his house. Unfortunately, without help, one is stuck in a crazy cycle of find prospects, sale prospect, order, make and then do it all over again. Because there are not enogh hours in the day, it can be hard to both make AND find work. It can get overwhelming at times. You are not just a tailor, but you are a tailor, cutter, salesman, purchasing agent, administrator and marketeer. Then, you you have the fortune (good/bad) of finding an apprentice to train up, as I have, you become a mentor and teacher which adds to the weight.

I understand your frustration, but have a little understanding and support your tailor through thick and thin, in the end it will be worth it and you are supporting a craftsman, trying as hard as he may to overcome these obsticles and only time and a little understanding can help. Paul is a wonderful soul and has no want for tallant, but this crazy game can and will play upon ones confidence.

I don't mind him taking a break but I also expect to be kept in the loop. Dropping off the face of the earth like that is disconcerting to say the least. I don't even know if he is well, when he is coming back and if I am ever going to see my trousers.

#53 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

I don't mind him taking a break but I also expect to be kept in the loop. Dropping off the face of the earth like that is disconcerting to say the least. I don't even know if he is well, when he is coming back and if I am ever going to see my trousers.

Hello Virtus,

I have been reading the previous posts on this tread. The stress and overlapping issues of establishing a new business can be quite overwhelming and difficult to catch up if you get behind even a little in work and additional obligations.

I have been in this position during Ball season, it seems that I drop off the face of the earth. I am usually available for contact and updating the customer even while away.

For myself, I have a well established business from decades of very hard work. This year things are slower and more manageable for 2013. I have been receiving more custom garment requests than in the past.

I hope that all is well with paul and that you receive updated progress on your trousers soon.

I would suggest that you write a card posted to his address and address your concerns.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey2117

Edited by jeffrey2117, 21 May 2013 - 12:37 PM.

"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

#54 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hello J. Maclochlainn,

The voice of experience. Well said on all points! I and many others here understand the stated issues all too well.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey2117
"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users