#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

I just noted that the film maker of Men of the Cloth had posted this elsewhere:

After 10 years in the making, MEN OF THE CLOTH, my independently produced documentary film about Italian master tailors, is finally at the rough cut stage. I have a donor who has pledged completion funds, but in order to access those funds, I have to raise $20,000 to finish editing in time to submit to some important film festivals this fall.

To that end, I recently launched a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo and I'm partnering with some high-end men’s wear brands, custom tailors and fabric merchants. They’re sponsoring my campaign by donating goods and services as “perks” to those individuals who make a secure tax-deductible donation by credit card. There are silk ties from Carrot & Gibbs; shirts from Ike Behar and Gambert Shirts; custom-made clothing from master tailor Nino Corvato and the firm Adrian Jules; and fine English suiting fabric from Holland & Sherry, H. Lesser and J & J Minnis -- not to mention, MEN OF THE CLOTH DVD’s and posters. I have 39 days to meet my crowdfunding goal.

This is a great opportunity for individuals to get some beautiful merchandise directly from the makers while supporting a film that exalts Old World craftsmen. Thanks very much! I look forward to your feedback.

Here's the Trailer for my film:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/15331713

And here's my IndieGoGo video (the IndieGoGo campaign page has more details about the perks):

http://player.vimeo.com/video/25668849

#2 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

I just did my contribution.
I wish I could afford the "master tailor" perk. I'd really love to have a sports coat made by Nino Corvato...Posted Image

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#3 earthy

earthy

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

I just did my contribution.
I wish I could afford the "master tailor" perk. I'd really love to have a sports coat made by Nino Corvato...Posted Image

Very excited about this documentary, and hoping that the filmmaker will be able to raise the funds she needs. I, too, wish I could have afforded one of the larger contributions!

#4 Els

Els

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

The documentary  Men of the Cloth will be exclusively shown next Friday ,May 30th in Amsterdam during the festival Ambacht in beeld.

Tickets must be ordered in advance see the programe http://ambachtinbeel...l.nl/?page_id=7

The documentary starts at 20.00-22.30

Vrijdag 30 mei 20.00-22.30 uur

Men of the Cloth (Exclusieve vertoning]

Regie: Vicki Vasilopoulos , VS/Italië, 2013, 95 min, Engels ondertiteld

Ontroerend, humorvol en inspirerend portret van drie bejaarde Italiaanse meesterkleer-makers en een ode aan het eeuwenoude ambacht van het kleermakersvak. Nino Corvate en Joe Centofanti werken beiden als onafhankelijke

custom tailersin de Verenigde Sta-

ten. Checchino Fonticolo werkt zijn hele leven al bij Brioni, een luxe kledingmaatschappij

in Italië. Het zijn mannen van de oude stempel die het vak op de traditionele manier

hebben geleerd. De lm ontrafelt het vakmanschap door het uitgebreide proces van het aanmeten van een maatpak te volgen, van een stuk stof tot een afgewerkt kledingstuk.

Paneldiscussie met regisseur

Vicki Vasilopoulos,

Roel Wolbrink

(New Tailor, meesterkleermaker),

Amir Etemadi

(Ettemadis shirt maker & tailor) en

Mischa Bergshoeff

(Il Maestro maatschoenmaker),

onder leiding van

Ninke Bloemberg

(conservator Mode & Kostuums Centraal Museum).

#5 heavy iron

heavy iron

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:tailoring,designing and most of all fly fishing

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Cheers for this wonderful effort to show dedication and experience as well as the artistic work involved in tailoring.Can't wait to view the entire documentary!!

#6 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

I'm going to see this in a couple of weeks.

Edited by tailleuse, 11 February 2016 - 07:30 AM.

• cperry likes this

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users