Ahh. Nothing like visual truth.
  • tailleuse likes this

#38 jeffrey2117

jeffrey2117

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and tailoring, numismatics, frustrating my assistant by forgetting where I put things when I move them.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

Hello All,

You should not drive up to my shop in a new, 2016 Ferrari and ask for major discount in alterations cost.  

The man wanted me to do the alterations of narrowing lapels and shoulders for two tweed jackets for 50.00 Dollars!

Kind regards

Jeffrey2117

• tombennett likes this
"An intelligent man knows he is ignorant, a ignorant man knows he is intelligent".

#39 tombennett

tombennett

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring (especially from the 1960s), Photography, DJing, House-Music, Northern Soul and, Life.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:50 AM

Hello All,

You should not drive up to my shop in a new, 2016 Ferrari and ask for major discount in alterations cost.  

The man wanted me to do the alterations of narrowing lapels and shoulders for two tweed jackets for 50.00 Dollars!

Kind regards

Jeffrey2117

That's why he's got a Ferrari. :)

• jeffrey2117 likes this

#40 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Tell him that his coats are outdated and remind you of panhandlers on street corners, and for $12,000 a piece, for suits, you can hand sew proper attire for today's world. After all, clothes that bums wear don't belong in Ferraris. And if he is not cheap he'll buy cloth that is $10,000 or more so the finished price is $17,000 to $20,000 or more. Clothes to brag about! His image is cheap for someone who drives a car like that.
http://www.survivorl...m/?page_id=1379
There is at least one pdf here about persuading customers to buy something new. It will help you turn the tables on dumb customers so they buy something new.
  • jeffrey2117 and ChiTownTailor like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users