56 replies to this topic

#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

A few people, including me, have noticed that the forum is often "busy" - you are unable to access it for up to several minutes at a time. It usually goes away if you wait a couple of minutes, but then sometimes recurs. There is a server back up from the service provider at 1AM US Eastern Time but these problems are occurring outside these hours.

The support people are puzzled as to why we are getting these server issues. If you get this sort of problem occurring can you please post the time this happens (including your timezone), and the exact message that your browser gives you, so I can report back to the support desk. A screen shot of the exact message you get would be helpful.

#2 Marija

Marija

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Hello Sator !

I had same problem at 20:53 ,Belgrad ,CET .

#3 rs232

rs232

Journeyman

• Senior Apprentice
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Zero-sized reply (I don't know how a reply can be zero-sized; maybe that's a http reply to a GET request, but with nothing in the data body?), at around this time. Request was by a squid proxy server physically located in Perth, Australia.

#4 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

^ Sorry, but I didn't understand a word of that. The server is located in the US. So what squids swimming around in Perth have to do with it, is totally beyond my techno illiterate brain. :Clown:

Are people still finding they can't access the forum at all? It seems to have stopped the last couple of days...

#5 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Are people still finding they can't access the forum at all? It seems to have stopped the last couple of days...

Can't speak for others, but it runs smoothly now. Number of guests is reduced dramatically though...

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#6 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

I am told that unless there are hundreds of guests, that it shouldn't cause the forum to become inaccessible. I just had the forum become busy about half an hour ago, and I sent a screenshot in the server support people.

#7 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

I think that depends on the nature of the "guest"!
I just got a "not accessible" screen, but when I returned and did a strong "click" on the thread link it showed immediately. (3 users logged in, 29 guests)

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#8 Kerry

Kerry

Apprentice

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I keep getting this on and off over the last week or more, sometimes for an extended period of time. Other times, like this morning, the forum returned after the second refresh.
Yesterday 2:30pm GMT - down longer than 5 mins
7:15am - returned after 1 min

I thought that it was me and my browser but it has only been the forum that has been affected.

I hope this helps

Attached Files

• Attached File  ctf.tiff   38.14KB   6 downloads

#9 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Had it today from 11.57 till 12.03. date 19.Nov. Frankfurt/Main - Germany. I ever struggle with a.m and p.m. it was noon.
lg
posaune

Edited by posaune, 20 November 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#10 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

^ Can you please post dates as well as times. Sometimes your today is my yesterday etc. It can get a bit confusing!

#11 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:59 AM

Just now, after looking at a few pages. I get a message that safari cannot connect to the server. Opened another window and was able to access other websites, so it wasn't my server or equipment.
At noon est today. Lasted about a minute or two.

Has happened many times before.

#12 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Happened again, 8:39 to 8:47 a.m. EST, as I was attempting to post.

#13 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Again, at 8:50 a.m. EST safari unable to connect with server. Not sure how long it lasted because I just shut it down. I had no trouble accessing other internet sites either.

#14 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Again, at 8:50 a.m. EST safari unable to connect with server. Not sure how long it lasted because I just shut it down. I had no trouble accessing other internet sites either.
As I hit the post butyon, it stopped again. Tried my desktop, same message at 9:23 am EST

#15 James Williams

James Williams

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

I got this message at 10:30am EST today, November 20th. My internet connection is working perfectly at the moment, so it's just this site.

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.cutterandtailor.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

#16 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Thanks everyone who has reported these issues. I have passed all of these times on to the technical support desk. I am just waiting for them to reply to me (I expect they will do so on Monday morning US Eastern Time).

#17 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I've just had a reply from technical support:

On Monday or Tuesday we're going to begin moving all accounts from your present server to a new one. That will resolve this issue, I'm certain. Our apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced.

At some point on Mon/Tues US Eastern Time expect the forum to be down for a while but hopefully it will fix the issue. If they let me know when the server move will take place I will announce it, so you can expect a little down time. If the problem is not fixed after Tuesday, please let me know.

#18 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

The forum became inaccessible at 19:55 hours Eastern US Time (Tues 23rd). I contacted the support desk and they now say that the server move has been rescheduled to Thursday.... :Straight Face:

p.s. thank you everyone for your patience!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users