#19 R. Marnie

R. Marnie

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:learning, couture, art and reading

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm 19, I don't have any official training but dedication and a passion for tailoring.

I'll cheerfully relocate and take any part-time job to support an opportunity to work hard for you and learn. 

I don't have much interest in boys (or girls) but I do have an interest in design and in business and I prioritise tailoring.

Right now I mostly practice my hand stitching and read about pattern-making and such, but I want to try a skirt in the next few days.

If you would be willing to see me, I have a friend driving to Manchester in about three weeks and I could bring some of my work to show you.

ps. your website is beautiful 

#20 Stitches

Stitches

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

I know this is an old post but I am so interested in this position. All I ever wanted to do was be a tailor, I have just never had the opportunity. I am so pleased I have just found this forum. May be I will find a way to make my dreams come true.

#21 Cock of the Walk

Cock of the Walk

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hiya, Sorry everyone for not updating this thread sooner. A couple of things have changed since I posted this up all that time ago, but I am also incredibly busy and rarely come online these days. Again, sorry for not replying.

I am now based in Hull, working from a city centre location. Easy to get to, but I don't know if this is as enticing as Manchester.

I have also recently hired an apprentice, but she is only able to commit to part time. I am still looking for another person to train, so please PM me and let me know a bit about yourself if you are still interested.

Gill

#22 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

This post can be deleted.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 21 February 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Die besten Schneider arbeiten ihre Stücke im Seitenlicht, um im Schattenwurf des Lichts demütig ihre Fehler auszumerzen. 99% aller Schneider meiden den Schattenwurf des Seitenlichts auf ihren Machwerken. Erstens weil sie gottlos und nicht demütig sind, sondern hochmütig und zweitens, weil sie dann merken, dass sie nichts können, sondern gierige Heuchler sind und das nagt dann an ihrem Gewissen, obwohl sie doch viele Jahre schon ihre Kunden betrügen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users