#19 R. Marnie

R. Marnie

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:learning, couture, art and reading

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm 19, I don't have any official training but dedication and a passion for tailoring.

I'll cheerfully relocate and take any part-time job to support an opportunity to work hard for you and learn. 

I don't have much interest in boys (or girls) but I do have an interest in design and in business and I prioritise tailoring.

Right now I mostly practice my hand stitching and read about pattern-making and such, but I want to try a skirt in the next few days.

If you would be willing to see me, I have a friend driving to Manchester in about three weeks and I could bring some of my work to show you.

ps. your website is beautiful 

#20 Stitches

Stitches

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

I know this is an old post but I am so interested in this position. All I ever wanted to do was be a tailor, I have just never had the opportunity. I am so pleased I have just found this forum. May be I will find a way to make my dreams come true.

#21 Cock of the Walk

Cock of the Walk

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hiya, Sorry everyone for not updating this thread sooner. A couple of things have changed since I posted this up all that time ago, but I am also incredibly busy and rarely come online these days. Again, sorry for not replying.

I am now based in Hull, working from a city centre location. Easy to get to, but I don't know if this is as enticing as Manchester.

I have also recently hired an apprentice, but she is only able to commit to part time. I am still looking for another person to train, so please PM me and let me know a bit about yourself if you are still interested.

Gill

#22 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

This post can be deleted.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 21 February 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Schneidern heisst, viel Wissen, viel Arbeit und keine Kohle im Sack, dafuer aber viele Kunden, die alles besser wissen.  :Big Grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users