Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hello All!

Details:

THE TAILOR AND CUTTER
- AN INDEX OF CUTTING, FASHION AND TRADE and the LONDON ART JOURNAL - VOLUMES 21, 22 AND 23 - BOUND IN THREE VOLUMES.

These Tailor and Cutters encompass the years 1886 through 1888 and include the London Art Journal and includes misc. supplements by the T&C including a special Austrailian number (vol. 22). And all these come complete with fashion plates. The Fashion plates are both black and white india on card or hand coloured with watercolours on card. Bear in mind that some of the plates are folded in order to be bound and my have creases. These are my babies and I hate to let them go, but I hope they find a good home where they can be used and admired. These volumes played a major role as reference for my book. The drafts included are not all mens, in fact quite a bit of the content is for women, including pelises, dolmans, riding habits and the like so it will appeal to everyone I suspect.

Special information for the volumes. Volume 21 is jam packed with a lot of info, prolly one of their finest years for information. Volume 22 is the queens jubilee number and lots of patriotic content and also includes a special aussie supplement, and volume 23, my baby, the gem of the collection includes the first core printing of WDF Vincents T&C system just before it would be printed and bound the following year starting the T&C drafting system that would last until 1972 with the closing of the T&C.

The Asking price is a mere 350 per Volume or 1000 for the lot. The internals are clean and sexy, the corners of the boards are starting to round (due to moving) but the spines are tight, though the spine is starting to crack along the board on volume 22. Price includes shipping, insurance optional you are responsible for any VAT or tariffs.

I also have a complete volume of the T&C's from 1876. It does not have all the extra supplements nor fashion plates, never the less a gold mind of info from the period. for a 136 year old bound journal it is in good shape and the insides are clean. I am making this volume available at only 150 including shipping.

If interested please contact Jason via PM on this forum. Only serious inquiries please.
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#2 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Jason, maybe you can add pictures?

Schneidern heisst, viel Wissen, viel Arbeit und keine Kohle im Sack, dafuer aber viele Kunden, die alles besser wissen.  :Big Grin:

#3 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

They are currently being stored in a climate controlled location in Seattle thus do not have direct access to them. If anyone has seen my book a lot of the fashion plates were taken from them.

#4 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Wow! You not going to scan them so at least you have digital?

#5 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Wish I could but they are so thick and old using a scanner would break the spines. I would have to make a camera rig to take photos. problem is I really don't have time to do all that. There are some key articles I will photograph, but other than that I have to sell these in a rather quick fashion. The fashion plates alone are worth more than what I am asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users