#1 Atgemis

Atgemis

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:cycling, eating, clothing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

On my recent trip to Italy I discovered Al Bazar... well, I didn't discover it, a friend sent me an email and said, go check this out and get me a number 7 tie at the same time. On meeting Lino I was pleased to discover the Milanese trend of a double breasted jacket with contrasting pants. You can see more here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 carpu65

carpu65

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ugly!
Ah,the good old days of sharp Milanese tailoring.

http://img37.imagesh...6296/rrswrr.png

#3 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Until now I used to believe that Italian man want to look good. Clearly, those days are gone.
When did that "wearing too tight things" happen? All that pulling and gaping makes me sad...:Cry:

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#4 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Can't believe what I'm seeing there. I also really like how the lapel points curl upwards, away from the body. Nice touch, that. ;)
Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

#5 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Oh I'm glad you've commented. This is so ...
lg
posaune

#6 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Why is non-tailored stuff here, unless to show some fashion stuff?

A good tailor would figure out how to make these clothes good so they hang properly, and have some sort of connection, instead of mis-match.

#7 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

I know him personally, but he is milanese... snuff said, Milan; no tailoring but fashion forward hyped brands with 0 elegance .let´s say he likes to dress loud, sometimes he does nicely some other... Those cowboy like shoes are... :Cry:

But wait until you see this pretentious tacky on the door of Pitty playing who is tackier than the other, as jacket, tie and short trouser!!! A garment that no gentleman should ever dress.

I hate fashion, sorry to say and I live on 1950.

Greger you are totally right. I am on a war against those designers,shop owners or pretentious bad dressed ones that thing they are the best dressers around, just click on my links, but prepare, only for strong stomachs. :Bring It On:

Wait until you see all this crap and pretentious tackys as Luca Rubinacci the heritor of for me the most hyped and worst tailor house on Napoli.

Just see his wide shoulders and unbalanced jacket, he is the one with yellow glasses or similar ridiculous things.

http://www.mustculin...0123-dia-1.html

http://filippocirulli.tumblr.com/

http://frombuenosair...-ese-chico.html

Edited by napoli, 21 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#8 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Welcome to Italian tailoring.
www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#9 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I doubt that those horrible "bum freezer" ensemble were tailor made on Italian soil. The guys wearing them are in the fashion industry, so either designers, models, journalists or buying/ selling agents. In either case, it displays a lack of technical knowledge, at least...:spiteful:

Out of curiosity: Do all Italian men wear those bracelets?

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

#10 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

You should say, welcome to MILANESE style, not italian.

Yes those bracalets are awful. I won´t ever wear one or similar non masculine item.

Edited by napoli, 22 July 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#11 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Sprezzatura, German style (equally beautiful):

Posted Image
  • peakcrisis likes this

#12 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

Fashions are fine, though some I don't care about or even like.
Sometimes a fashion is on purpose- messy and a good tailor will produce it better than anybody else, somehow tastefully.
Fashions, being art, is about a subject (theme) or several subjects and the artist with his medium produces it.
The problem with pre-manufactured clothes is the fashion never really fits the persons personality nor his body.
It maybe close, but not close enough, whereas, a good tailor can embue the combination so it works better to perfect.
The point I am making is that you should see the difference in a moment of fine tailoring, no matter how wild, from the non-tailored.
No doubt some tailors don't have a good eye for modern fashion clothes and are best making business suits of which they do very well at.
One of the royality of England went to a play and liked the skill of the tailor who make the clothes for the bum. That tailor became famous.

#13 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Those silly bracelets aside, fashions (shapes and colours) are not equally wearable for all figure types. That is what people forget. But Milano is a fashion capital. so people try to look fashionable. To each his/ her own. At least they get noticed.

Very simple rules (for men and women alike): If the fashion is meant for skinny people (which is usually the case) don't expect to look good in it when you are a bit tubby. If you don't look good in a certain colour, don't buy it because it's the fashion. Buy clothes in your actual size, not in the one you wish you had.

Skinny people in skin tight clothes look even more skinny, overweight people in skin tight clothes look even more overweight. How come, that the ones (especially women) with a really good figure do not wear skin tight?

#14 Atgemis

Atgemis

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Posting that content was like a red rag to a bull.... You lot are like piranhas. It is most enjoyable watching you eat the carcass. By chance do any of you appreciate that those men that you insult have possibly made it possible for tailors to eat again? Do any of you realise that it is peacocks like these men that have caused the renaissance in tailoring. All the information you consume on this forum - most of it is for the use of work related to what these men require. As tailors, if that is what most of you are, your job is not to interpret the looks, but to work day and night to make sure these men get to Pitti on time. It is remarkable at how quick you are to sully the names of these people and to dismiss them. But I love that about this forum, because in between some of the insults are some very interesting observations.
  • beaubrummel likes this

#15 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Those silly bracelets aside, fashions (shapes and colours) are not equally wearable for all figure types. That is what people forget. But Milano is a fashion capital. so people try to look fashionable. To each his/ her own. At least they get noticed.

Very simple rules (for men and women alike): If the fashion is meant for skinny people (which is usually the case) don't expect to look good in it when you are a bit tubby. If you don't look good in a certain colour, don't buy it because it's the fashion. Buy clothes in your actual size, not in the one you wish you had.

Skinny people in skin tight clothes look even more skinny, overweight people in skin tight clothes look even more overweight. How come, that the ones (especially women) with a really good figure do not wear skin tight?

You are right, we like tailoring and gentleman looks, not looks from a bizarre carnaval teenager movie as those tacky of Pitti. SHAME

Edited by napoli, 24 July 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#16 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

When you look at history some of the past correct looks that stody tailors of their time said to wear are pretty laughable today.
What are people going to say about what is said here today in the future? Are they going to laugh?

Some people are also forgetting that clothes represent many things. Do business clothes fit into night club life?
Do you wear white tie to work as a cashier at the local supermarket, if that is where you work?
Is a reefer made for boating a good idea to wear horse riding or golfing? Do you hunt or fish with black tie?
I think some people forget the many purposes of clothes and are saying one for all.
The clothes above are ment for after work or work when selling those clothes or some other hipp place.
These are basically recreation clothes shown above. And in the past tailors made all the clothes men and boys wore.
Misunderstanding the tailors job and being down in the mouth about it is poor tailoring.

#17 jukes

jukes

Pro

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Its quite simple really, as tailors we look for clothes that are stylish and that fit. Unfortunately that does not apply to the pictures above.

#18 Atgemis

Atgemis

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

If some chap wants to cut his jacket short, that is his perogative. If he wants to wear wrist bands, contrast his pants, carry a man bag, wear jeans cut high on the cuff, wear patent leather in the afternoon, SAME SAME. As tailors, your job is to do what they ask. You are a conduit for their ideas. That is the problem with the vast majority of armchair presidents that exist on this forum. They think they are the arbiters of style and good taste, but in essence they are couch potatoes. I am sure you all accept the tuxedo jacket in its current form, perhaps you might have had a word with the Prince of Wales to tell him NOT to advise Mr Potter to go to Henry Poole and Co at the time.... Fashion, tailoring, permanent style, whatever you want to call it, ALL OF IT is in a state of flux and constantly in evolving. Those that cannot accept that will be reduced to slinging shit on this forum. My suggestion is, if you want to prove to the world you know better, do it and post it on this forum. I will be happy to watch and offer some genuine criticism if I find fault, which I probably won't, since you people know everything.
  • beaubrummel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users