Al Bazar And The Milanese Double Breasted Jacket With Contrasting Pants

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#37 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Interests:Mainly tailoring it seems, but my friends know better...

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

Atgemis,

I never said money is evil. What I said is that a man with professional pride and ethics uses money as a tool, not as the aim of business. As any man having a business, I need money to found my projects, which are all about bringing better products and better service to my customers. There is a huge difference with many businessmen whose primary goal is to make money, and products and customers are a mean to this.

Piping : ask your tailor from Sidney to try make piping on this kind of fabric. I tried myself, and I found no way to make a nice sharp curve.

And I really find it ridiculous to show as examples coats with the worst lapel I've ever seen, amongst other problems, and then go criticizing a nice coat because a small detail of piping in a difficult fabric is not perfect. It really is the blind leading the one-eyed.
http://www.paulgrassart.com

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

#38 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Oh my God, I just discovered your last post on your blog, you surely like fights !
"One of those that would not lie down and take it"
So that's it ? We are just things ("that", not "who") that should lie down and listen to your Revealed Truth ?

I can't believe that someone can show so much arrogance. There are people here on the forum who were already tailoring before you were born, but no, they have to "lie down and take your truth".

I see no point in trying to exchange opinions with you. I don't like fights myself.

Mark Twain

#39 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

I have the feeling that this thread is an attempt to increase the hit count of a certain blog and sell some more bow ties.:poke:
  • Dirk and gramountoto like this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#40 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

More videos of those pretentious also Lino is here.

Vomiting is the beard one , not only his attire makes me vomit, but are poorly made and fit. He seems to have a brand of fashion forward thing or similar.

And Luca Rubinacci, another similar one, the heritor of a well know ( and very poor quality but +4500 euros price suits while you can find the same , well far better, for 800 euros on the same street of Naples, Via de Miglie as Magnifique shop )

shame on them

Those wackos want to change the masculine figure into a total degeneration and parodius thing.

Totally Histrionic Personality Disorder symbtoms.

If my house bell were ring the bell by one of these and I will throw a bucket of bleach on the balcony. :Big Grin:

Edited by napoli, 29 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#41 Dirk

Dirk

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Napoli, I am not sure if I have ever cringed as much as I did watching that video. Metro-Sexual garbage, the whole lot of it.
  • napoli likes this

#42 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

You guys need to look what is behind style. Every tastes are in the world. Some of what I see on this video I don't like, some I like (maybe I'm a little metrosexual myself :Big Grin: ). Maybe they are histrionic, but the truth is also that they brought many guy to get an interest in cloth again. And they have fun dressing, which is a good thing in my book.

What we should focus here is not style, but factual quality. Some things on this video are not bad (Rubinacci may be overrated, I don't know, but what I usually see from them is not bad tailoring), others are not so good, others seem bad tailoring. Sometimes, it's hard to tell, becauses pictures are misleading.

It is useless discussing style. Some people like, some people don't, there is no end. Quality is factual.

Mark Twain

#43 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Napoli, I am not sure if I have ever cringed as much as I did watching that video. Metro-Sexual garbage, the whole lot of it.

I don´t think " technically " is metrosexual, might be " hipster" as actually a metrosexual is depilated bumped on steroids and not beard and afeminate as those but who knows, I am not interested either on urban tribus but on classic tailoring and would desire their fetish were other than suits. What about skateboarding, old bikes with sidecar or similar?

Honestly put me violent how they parody all what I like.

I got several insults on my Facebook by those and several deleted me, sure they were " friends "

Wait until you see this other video , I projected in on the walls of a Psycology faculty and all the students were very excited about guessing and calling technical personality disordered names as them out of their visual symbtoms It was quite interesting .The worst of them, against the beard one is scary as Hell and looks a an urban cannibal to me, not joking, a Hannibal Lecter one. Would pay for have him ( or other of the video ) on the faculty as guinea p*g, sorry, as honour guest. :Big Grin:

He looks straight of a movie as Hostel or similar or the mass shooter of last week Batman film.

I wonder who buys his stuff as he is on all the Pitty door pictures I (sadly ) see around and seems a " reputable " pro.

http://michaeljondra...tylish-boy.html

And this other from last week, to me totally unrespectable. Do they really think that are going to change the " fashion " ? So pretentious and narcissistic are they?

Honestly a person dressed as those won´t last even a minute on the streets I walk daily without being punched, insulted or whatever but good think. They need to provoque people out to bump their selfsteem up, and that is very very sad.

Edit, as I am preparing a blog called ( tackys without limits ) and this is my favorite topic, as it seems 99,9999 % on the internet is this crap , I have a huge collection to post.

http://forthediscern...omo-82-ss-2012/

And this is remarcable, but at least the garments he uses fits far better, not sure if he is for real or some kind of internet joke .
http://www.whatisjameswearing.com/

Edited by napoli, 30 July 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#44 Martin Stall

Martin Stall

Wizard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hahahaha! I just love it when fashion designers try to pair a jacket with shorts. In the last 200 years or so, the only ones who've pulled that off - with only marginal stylistic success - were the British and their Safari suits. Any other attempt to design a suit with short trousers has so far been abysmal and atrocious failures.
Sure, I believe your work rocks, but... have you considered, how are you going to sell that stuff?

http: under construction...

#45 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

Honestly a person dressed as those wonīt last even a minute on the streets I walk daily without being punched, insulted or whatever but good think. They need to provoque people out to bump their selfsteem up, and that is very very sad.

This comment to me is the saddest of all.

There is room for all to express their own fashion and style whether you like it or would wear it.

I can't imagine living in such a place where you could be punched or insulted because you didn't wear the thing that some one else thinks is appropriate.

It would be a boring world if everybody wore the same thing.

It would be better just to discuss the fit or technical aspects of the making, not just disparage people based on their clothing choices.

#46 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

There is room for all to express their own fashion and style whether you like it or would wear it.

I can't imagine living in such a place where you could be punched or insulted because you didn't wear the thing that some one else thinks is appropriate.

It would be better just to discuss the fit or technical aspects of the making, not just disparage people based on their clothing choices.

:clapping:

I hate fashion police, whatever policy is enforced.

People feeling violent because of someone else's taste in cloth should work on their anger management. I'm sure they could get some help in psychology school :poke:

BTW, like it or not, whatever change in fashion has been in history, it was always the effect of someone dressing in new ways that mainstream thought ridiculous.

Today, men dress in drab colours only. I'm happy to see those people showing that great things can be done with colours.

I'd only wish they wore better fitting garments, to show everybody what "well-made" means.

Mark Twain

#47 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

I am not glad that a person is punched by any reason, just telling what happens in the South of Europe ( and sadly in all the world ) that is were I live or sadly what even happened actually yesterday to a friend on my Facebook who is 20 years old and dresses like the 1940s Drape style and actually yesterday some four gang members punched him out and broke his nose on California Little Italy place , and for me he dresses top and classy ( a bit dated but that is his choice ) . He is in the hospital now but he defended great as the others 4 vs 1 run away.

As I study the human being and mind, humans tend to dislike what is out of the currency, see the tribal wars on Africa etc etc as an example.

This behavior occurs since the born of humanity and on all the living species as ants, virus etc. By the way I also would like to be surrounded by more polite people
as sometimes I have been called James Bond by just wearing a basic navy business suit, but I know it could happen also on London , NYC etc. but I am used to it as I was called English Snob on my basic school times by just wearing a shirt, that was the beggining of my love for garments . :Big Grin:

Edited by napoli, 30 July 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#48 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hahahaha! I just love it when fashion designers try to pair a jacket with shorts. In the last 200 years or so, the only ones who've pulled that off - with only marginal stylistic success - were the British and their Safari suits. Any other attempt to design a suit with short trousers has so far been abysmal and atrocious failures.

Sure, I desire them a totally comercial failure as I can´t imagine going to a bank and see the director on jacket and shorts. If those pictured use shorts for the heat I guess, why do they wear jacket and tie instead of a polo? Oh yeah, pretentious right?

Edited by napoli, 30 July 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#49 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

Oh no, I just realiced there is a new fashion and urban tribu called Zoot Suit, that is the 1940s Drape style. I thought my friend was an eccentric one, but he seems to be following another trend.

Look all the pictures here .

http://images.search...umb=mFLtaYBFeWq

#50 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

"Honestly put me violent how they parody all what I like"

That is not a quote from a gang member...

Mark Twain

#51 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

Zoot suit certainly isn't a new fashion. It was the style of gang members in California in the 1940s...

Mark Twain

#52 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Zoot suit certainly isn't a new fashion. It was the style of gang members in California in the 1940s...

This is my punched out friend yesterday and for what I have seen , all his friends are on that fashion. I wish him a fast recovery

Posted Image

And now to have some humour :yes:
Posted Image

Oh just realiced he wears a red bow tie on a tuxedo instead of the black or white.

Edited by napoli, 30 July 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#53 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

"Honestly put me violent how they parody all what I like"

That is not a quote from a gang member...

But I donīt beat up people out there.

#54 Nishijin

Nishijin

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

This certainly isn't Zoot Suits. Maybe they use the name, but there is nothing Zoot here. There isn't even drape...

There is a Zoot Revival these days. But to convince you it is only a revival, look on the web for "Zuit Suits riots". That is an important part of modern American history.

If he dresses like that everyday, I can understand he got into troubles. This is definitely a "please watch me" style, begs for attention, and he if doesn't show real, strong confidence, he can get some kind of unwanted attention. And on this picture, your friend does not show that confidence.
I don't think it is fair, I do think everybody should be able to wear what they like (though not anywhere in any circumstances), but sometimes a minimum of common sense can save one from trouble.

Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users