#1 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Dear Honoured Readers and Posters,

I would appreciate your thoughts on my project to order a belt.

I decided to order a mediumweight instead of heavyweight because the beltmaker believes the chunkiness of the heavyweight might displease me.

After my experience with the mediumweight, later I could order a heavyweight - the colour will be Hazel.

I like the colour London Tan. (Hazel is only available in heavyweight, London Tan only in mediumweight.)

I should choose a thread colour. Either yellow or white?

I should also choose a metal. To my surprise the sterling silver buckle is not available, so I must choose either brass or nickel, and I have been advised to choose not the shiny, but the satin version of the metal.

In debate is if the beltmaker will make three holes. He would prefer to make five because he is afraid of a mistake. I cannot understand his language in which he explains why this danger exists. Now he has informed me there is only 10% possibility he can place the three holes in the correct position.

I have told him I shall send him one of my belts. He has now replied that the design of his own belts is quite different from my belt, which cannot serve as template.

Please share with me your aesthetic and practical consideration.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Naive Jr, 10 August 2012 - 08:00 AM.

Scribimus indocti doctique poemata passim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users