#559 Simeon54

Simeon54

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:24 AM

Hello all,

My name is Simeon. I'm not entirely sure what to call myself. For many years, I worked as a machinist and pattern cutter to high end fashion labels in the UK and Paris. I am now based in Amsterdam, having taken my Masters degree in fashion design here and am currently working on design projects with a mind to start my own label at some point. I am essentially self taught, although that actually translates into my apprenticing myself to various people to learn as much as I could, including my late best friend and mentor Jenny Sharp, a graduate of the RCA, London, from the early sixties, who worked briefly for Ozzie Clark. She taught me the basics of women's tailoring, and everything I know about moulage (draping patterns direct on the stand). 

If you want to see what I've been up to, you can see it here:

http://www.simeonmorris.com

There is also some work there from my partner who recently made a collection of menswear inspired by Chanel. Not perhaps for the traditional of heart, but very interesting. We are both working with gender, and gender representation in fashion and clothing design.

Well, I'm happy to have found this place. It is a gold mine!

I look forward to joining in, as the time allows it.

Greetings!

Edited by Simeon54, 17 December 2014 - 04:26 AM.

• tailleuse likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users