Photo

H. Huntsman coats with extra chest bulge?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#37 gramountoto

gramountoto

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

The sleeves are attached already with poor or none pattern matching. I doubt they will demount and mount again them to fix it, so that part is finished omho

Please read the rest of this thread.

#38 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

napoli,

disrespecting very knowledgeable members of this forum just because you disagree with their opinion is just rude.
Everyone is entitled to his/ her point of view, but there have to be boundaries.
Please stop dragging your "war" with Spanish tailors into discussions. f they manage to pass off their work as the best out there it's their customers problems.
  • Terri, Measure Man, cthomas and 1 other like this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#39 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

napoli,

disrespecting very knowledgeable members of this forum just because you disagree with their opinion is just rude.
Everyone is entitled to his/ her point of view, but there have to be boundaries.
Please stop dragging your "war" with Spanish tailors into discussions. f they manage to pass off their work as the best out there it's their customers problems.

I am sorry but he disrepected and tried to humillate me first . If not I wouldn´t written that. Please re read his post before mine. For the rest , note taken.

Also those spanish " tailors " wrote that I got no idea on a blog ( to defend the crimes they do ) so I didn´t start .

And as a gift, a trouser with marvelous pattern matching and shirt by the " best" with red socks as a gift, that is true fit and elegance, yeah ( surely not )

Posted Image

Edited by napoli, 07 February 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#40 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

napoli,

I did read what "measure man" wrote and if that disrespects you I think you got bigger problems.

Don't try to abuse this forum to get approval of your opinion that your "enemies", who dared to think different from you, are wrong.

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#41 jukes

jukes

Pro

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Napoli

I have read the thread and at no point has Measure Man shown any disrespect, he is merely stating his opinion, as we are all entitled to. Because his opinion does not match yours there is no need to get abusive.

#42 ladhrann

ladhrann

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

The sleeves are attached already with poor or none pattern matching. I doubt they will demount and mount again them to fix it, so that part is finished omho

It all depends, I've seen on another forum where a front-of-house man insists that he cuts the sleeves twice, the first time to set the pitch and the second to match the checks. It seems a shocking waste of fabric and time but at certain levels of the market that doesn't matter.

#43 SPOOKIETOO

SPOOKIETOO

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

I would like to thank each of you for posting your opinions on this subject, as my most difficult decision for fitting myself is the ease in the back. Trying to achieve today's truly fitted jackets causes me much discomfort as an "overly endowed" female. I shall make the decision to utilize a bit of drape in the back for ease.

And now I am no longer confused on this issue. :Batting Eyelashes: Thank you again.

#44 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Napoli

I have read the thread and at no point has Measure Man shown any disrespect, he is merely stating his opinion, as we are all entitled to. Because his opinion does not match yours there is no need to get abusive.

I failed again on doing a multiquote.

This might be a domestic war between those " tailors" and me, and I might look overreacted since this only one side of view. I understand your view since you don´t know the full story behind so I understand your positions.

Reading only this part I agree that I look the bad and the ugly but I am sure you all would be on my side ( that looking coldly is the same as Measure Man, defending the honour of the attacked )

if you knew the full story behind these self called " best tailors of the world " who say Savile Row or Napoli are a sack of sh*t and overpriced cr*p ( they say it everyday on tv or press). I said sorry once and said again for the misuderstanding. I am a humild person, not as those. thank you for correcting me, appreciated.

Edited by napoli, 08 February 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#45 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

I think many tailors say they are the best so customers come to them. Would you go to a tailor who says he is not very good? And from region to region tailors and customers have different opions of what is good and what is not. And those sleeves were basted in and not sewn finished. Working with cloth and fitting people is not rocket science of math it is somdthing else.

#46 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think many tailors say they are the best so customers come to them. Would you go to a tailor who says he is not very good? And from region to region tailors and customers have different opions of what is good and what is not. And those sleeves were basted in and not sewn finished. Working with cloth and fitting people is not rocket science of math it is somdthing else.

So you agree they are fooling their customers .

I have been inside Kiton and Attolini and no one inside would say they are the best, they continue say still got to improve , that is CLASS. while in my opinion and most of the people who knows about this, sure they are.

That is called humildty, the other arrogance that always comes from mediocre people.

Jesus only had a donkey as throne. :thumbsup:

Edited by napoli, 08 February 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#47 Torry Kratch

Torry Kratch

Apprentice

• Senior Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Need to remove the theme!

With sleeves all clear.

Edited by Torry Kratch, 08 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

• napoli likes this

#48 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Need to remove the theme!

With sleeves all clear.

I agree, is better for the forum and all us. :thumbsup:

#49 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

So you agree they are fooling their customers .

I have been inside Kiton and Attolini and no one inside would say they are the best, they continue say still got to improve , that is CLASS. while in my opinion and most of the people who knows about this, sure they are.

That is called humildty, the other arrogance that always comes from mediocre people.

Jesus only had a donkey as throne. :thumbsup:

Here we must differ between theory and practice, word and deed. To claim one is good or not good in the long run depends on practice. Judge by the fruits. However, this website is an exchange also on the level of thought and language, which requires other skills than a tailor needs to create clothes.

Edited by Naive Jr, 13 February 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Scribimus indocti doctique poemata passim

#50 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

napoli,

That's very funny - a war with Spanish tailors! Poor Spain is the stage for drama and bloodshed! If one disagrees with Spanish tailoring, perhaps one needs to ask Spanish tailors for help to express what one sees as cause for war! There is no doubt in my mind that this website and this forum has the most qualified and articulate professionals I have ever met. If the warrior could express himself in a new manner, it might benefit everybody.

#51 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

napoli,

I did read what "measure man" wrote and if that disrespects you I think you got bigger problems.

Don't try to abuse this forum to get approval of your opinion that your "enemies", who dared to think different from you, are wrong.

Dear Schneidergott, why do you use the word enemy (Feind)? Why not opponent (Gegner)? You know German and you know that debate (Auseinandersetzung) is something taken very seriously by German philosophers as well as Oxbridge. If someone thinks another view is wrong, he should try to explain why, shouldn't he?

Edited by Naive Jr, 13 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#52 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Not sure which picture you are talking about. Some of what tailors do I don't like. But when I ask sometimes they give reasons that I like. And as in all crafts some are better than others. Some young guys like narrow legged trousers and young cutters are making them, but the young cutters are sort of reinventing the wheel because the cutters of the 60s who made these are long gone with their knowlege and answers to problems. What some people call drape today is hardly drape compare 50 years ago. There is also the American sack which is more like a potato bag. And then there is the swell coat where the chest is swelled, but not draped. On top of that is some customers lke clean fitting garments while others like sloppy. Adds to the confusion of judgeing a tailors work. On the first picture as Jukes says the bulge in front of the armhole is drape. If one were vertical and the other diagonal then it would be error. Some American tailors put in two drapes down the front of each side and the ones by the armhole lower down curved towards the waist.There were many kinds of drape I never wanted to see again. Mild drape is not so bad. Some people love drape and for them it is good. The reasons why any tailor is around is because he has a following. The white coat of the single person looks like not much canvase; in the early 1800s in the US there were lots of coats make with very little canvase for summer or hotter climates.

I'm sorry, but I did not realise I had to refer to a picture. I think you are an exceptional person, very experienced and very original. This Cutter & Tailor website has the highest niveau of any websites I have seen. I must refrain from confusing the exchange by my intervention of question or be more ascetic because I recognise that I am not qualified to speak about these issues.

#53 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

napoli: Alexander Kabbaz says on a video I posted today, a bad shirt is fault of the shirtmaker, not of the client.

Who says a bad shirt is or can be the fault of the client? That would be absurd! Obviously a bad or not bad shirt is the fault or accomplishment of the shirtmaker. Trivial, trivial, trivial! I don't need to use Alexander Kabbaz or Groucho Marx as authority to know that and i don't understand why napoli needs to quote Mr Kabbaz on what should be evident to even me, still in kindergarten. on the other hand, if napoli wants to express his feelings about Spanish tailors, I'm always ready to listen to him and learn something new.

Edited by Naive Jr, 13 February 2013 - 03:50 AM.

#54 napoli

napoli

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

napoli: Alexander Kabbaz says on a video I posted today, a bad shirt is fault of the shirtmaker, not of the client.

Who says a bad shirt is or can be the fault of the client? That would be absurd! Obviously a bad or not bad shirt is the fault or accomplishment of the shirtmaker. Trivial, trivial, trivial! I don't need to use Alexander Kabbaz or Groucho Marx as authority to know that and i don't understand why napoli needs to quote Mr Kabbaz on what should be evident to even me, still in kindergarten.

I quoted it because the defense that the Spanish tailors use is X famous or XX famous comes to me ( while getting their shop plenty of pictures with them ) Instead of arguing my garments are better for A and B ( sure they canīt say that ). So I used the same argument against him.

Do you imagine the best doctor of hemorroids having their place plenty of pictures of the celebrities he cures?

jajaja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users