Photo

Very big Heinisch shears for sale in US.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hutch48

hutch48

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

If you are into Heinisch shears and like 15 inch heavy versions, this is a pair that will restore OK, they have enough blade left and do not appear to be all that rusty.

http://www.ebay.com/...5023fc33&_uhb=1

Now I know DZ will not like them but I would not let that stop you if you can get them at a reasonable price.

Posted Image

#2 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

That is just rediculous
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#3 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

I just tailor with a simple razor scissor, though, I have 4 nice big ones to enjoy looking at them but I never use them.
If I had money I would buy the whiteley big bolt ones as a collection.

Schneidern heisst, viel Wissen, viel Arbeit und keine Kohle im Sack, dafuer aber viele Kunden, die alles besser wissen.  :Big Grin:

#4 hutch48

hutch48

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I must be doing something wrong, I regularly cut with a set of 8N 14.5 inch Wiss shears but only on a table, they are a bit big to be used as snippers.

The Heinisch are an unusual pair, I have never seen a pair this heavily built before, by their size and blade dimensions they may be designed for heavier fabrics like ships sails, tents and similar. I have no doubt if they are restored properly that they will make some cutter very happy.

I agree with DZ though that the 13.5 inch Wilkinson shears are a work of art and I have no doubt they would work perfectly and last a lifetime or two.

Edited by hutch48, 02 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#5 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

These are really 14 inch shears and not 15. The blades are 7 inch twice which equals 14 inch. The full length that includes the handle is not the correct length. Just the blades.

#6 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think the blades have been butchered badly by some amateur. Usually the lower blade (the one in the front) has a slight curve. Also "still cut well" is not really something to trust.

Old Kissner pair:

Posted Image

Old Wilkinson (15" total length):

Posted Image

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

"Es gibt keinen Grund mit Erfahrung zu prahlen, denn man kann etwas auch viele Jahre falsch machen!"
"There is no reason to boast of your experience, because it's possible to do things wrong for a long time!"

#7 hutch48

hutch48

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I own a pair of Heinisch 14.5 inch shears with blades in perfect condition that have only been sharpened once and that was by me and they have a different lower blade profile to any of my Wiss shears or the 15 inch Kissner shears I own. The pair in the eBay photo are a lot heavier than my 14.5 inch pair and they have a usable 7 inches of blade so I have no doubt they would restore OK if done properly. If you are after a very good pair of Heinisch shears, there is some dude offering a pair of 16 inch Heinisch at over $400.00 USD which is a lot more expensive than the $30 - $40 USD that this pair will probably go for.

Posted Image

Now I have a question for SG with his pair of 15 inch Kissner shears, my pair have absolutely perfect new condition blades but the handles are so large in terms of the thumb loop that even with my reasonably large hand size when I pick them up the blades are not straight in relation to my hand like any other shears I have. Does your pair have very large thumb and finger loops ?

Posted Image

#8 hutch48

hutch48

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Here is the 16 inch Heinisch shears for sale on eBay if you are flush with funds and don't mind being ripped off for the price. (Buy it now at $488.00 USD)

http://www.ebay.com/...52064d7f&_uhb=1

Posted Image

Edited by hutch48, 04 February 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#9 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Full picture of the Kissner (14,5 " overall length):

Posted Image

The loops are reasonably big, but not as big as those of my 16" Heinisch. The thumb loop is close to perfection, although the finger loop could be a tad smaller.
It seems that Heinisch made at least 2 versions of heavy shears, one with the tips lying on the table, while the tips of the second version would bend upwards.

Posted Image

I wouldn't spend $600.00 on that pair of Heinisch (price includes shipping and import tax) without trying them first. Apart from that, chances are that they are way too heavy and big to actually use them.

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

"Es gibt keinen Grund mit Erfahrung zu prahlen, denn man kann etwas auch viele Jahre falsch machen!"
"There is no reason to boast of your experience, because it's possible to do things wrong for a long time!"

#10 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Some of these are pretty high priced. There is still (I think) a french black smith that makes custom shears. He hammers them out of metal and steel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users