#1 Callum Lamb

Callum Lamb

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Dear Cutter and Tailor members,

Please allow me to announce the opening of my online store, Bay Tailor Supply, at www.baytailorsupply.com. My primary intent in opening the store is to provide high-quality threads and buttonhole gimp to craftspeople who do not have the capacity to open wholesale accounts. To that end, I am starting by offering Gutermann's Mara 150 (tex 20) thread, suitable for dress shirts, on 1000m spools, and cut lengths of the Agreman #1 buttonhole gimp, which we have all seen used to great effect by Jeffery Diduch.

I am starting with a very limited color selection: Mara 150 only in white and black, and the gimp in navy, charcoal, and camel (though since the gimp is hidden under the buttonhole stitches, the color need not be a perfect match). Please respond to this post, or contact me privately, to request other colors. I would like to stock more options, but need to know what is desired. Meanwile, if you require a different color, I am happy to get it for you, but with a minimum order of 5 spools (and a delay while the thread is ordered from Gutermann in Germany).

Currently, I am charging a $3 (US) handling fee on all orders, with no extra charge for shipping, though that arrangement may change in the future. I ship from Berkeley, California, USA, to anywhere in the country. If there is enough interest from outside the US, I will add the option of international shipping.

Thank you in advance for your business. I hope you will find my store useful, and that you will advise me on what I can do to best serve the
needs of the tailoring community: I am open to color requests, product suggestions, and any comments you might wish to share.

Best,
Callum Lamb
www.baytailorsupply.com
  • tailleuse, ladhrann and Jnthnbts like this

#2 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I would like to endorse Callum, he is a good guy and local to me. Great prices on guterman button silk and can supply guterman waxed silk skeins.

Give this guy some orders and support local and small guys!!!!!!
  • tailleuse and ladhrann like this
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#3 Callum Lamb

Callum Lamb

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Thanks, Jason.

As you say, I can supply Gutermann silk thread. These will be on the website soon, but please message or e-mail (callum@baytailorsupply.com) me for details in the meantime. The buttonhole silk is called R753 (tex 75, or about an E) and the waxed silk is R402E (tex 40, or about an A). These come in 400m cobs and 750m skeins, respectively, but I would like to consider breaking them down into smaller units, and possibly providing the R753 waxed & skeined. Please provide input about what is most convenient.

Also, a quick update on the gimp. The only three colors I currently have in stock are:

339 Navy
36 Charcoal
893 Peach/Camel

But the following are on their way:

000 Black
209 Mid Brown
697 Dark Brown
8 Pale Grey
634 Mid Grey

I look forward to working with you.

Regards,
Callum
  • tailleuse and ladhrann like this

#4 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

I also have ordered there, very reasonable prices. Excellent service.

Schneidern heisst, viel Wissen, viel Arbeit und keine Kohle im Sack, dafuer aber viele Kunden, die alles besser wissen.  :Big Grin:

#5 Jnthnbts

Jnthnbts

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

I also have ordered there, very reasonable prices. Excellent service.

Just received my order of Gutermann Agreman Gimp, and Buttonhole twist.  Just as you say DZ, very reasonable prices with an excellent service!

Now to get practicing on my buttonholes.

Edited by Jnthnbts, 02 March 2014 - 04:48 AM.

• ladhrann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users