The forum is now officially open! Welcome everyone

#3 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

Did I put this greeting in the wrong place? It's the announcement, not the greeting frame!?!

Dear Sator,

I would like to thank you again for your invitation to become a member of your website. You know you have my deep respect.

As a child, it took me a long time to learn to swim. So is it also with practically everything else I try to do. I live in Germany and Switzerland, study a small part of philosophy, in particular a book ot two by R. Steiner, and give English lessons, where I usually learn more than my pupil. I wear clothes without knowing much about them. Furthermore, I constantly make mistakes in propriety. But I'm sure to learn to think and act differently if I pay attention here!

Yours sincerely,

Naive, Jr.

PS: It's exciting to see the color edition of your magical square. It reminds me of other magical squares - I wonder if the term "magical square" is appropriate here for your box? For example, I believe Ferdinand Gonseth presented such a symmetrical square for the system of all possible so-called "truth values" propositional logic. It's no less exciting to see names of other members which I recognize as familiar from elsewhere!
Scribimus indocti doctique poemata passim

#4 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Just a admin note for AT&T users. All emails from the forum host are currently being blocked. Please use an alternative email address to get around this issue.

#5 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

Just a little housekeeping note to everyone.

Please only use the reply with quotes if there is a specific reason to use them, and preferably quote only the part that is relevant. In general, it is best to just use the Add Reply or Fast Reply buttons. This makes it easier for all of us to read the thread, which will become overly long if everyone uses the reply with quotes.

Thank you!

#6 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Just a little word to all of our members.

Education is something that is really important. So, if you are a learner, whether on your own or as part of an apprenticeship please feel free to join in on the discussion. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how basic or silly they may seem. Tailors please encourage apprentices to participate. Please don't feel the Professional and Technical Forum is only for seasoned pros either, as we have plenty of home sewers here as well.

The other thing is that there are a number of clothing enthusiasts who may not care about all the technical stuff, but have a passionate interest and plenty of knowledge on style and aesthetics. If that describes you well, then L'Anglomane is for you. You don't have to be an industry person to post. Everyone is welcome and invited to post there.

#7 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

Just a little hint to all users. If you want to receive immediate automatic notification on any updates to posts you subscribe to then go to:

1. My Controls
2. Options
3. Email Settings
4. Tick the box next to "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?"
5. Select "immediate notification" (there are other options too depending on your preference)

You can even automatically subscribe to any forum you want to:

1. Go into your favourite forum
2. Click on pulldown menu of the cogwheel icon:

3. Select "subscribe to this forum"

You will be notified of any new threads.

Lastly, one more reminder to all learners: the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! puppeh.gif

#8 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

The forum has been reorganised. The reason for this was because there were times it was hard to decide if something should go into the Cutter's or the Tailor's Forum. Also beginners were feeling a bit lost amongst the sea of information. I also think the division according to garment type makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

#9 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Signatures and User Profiles

For those of you wanting to edit your signature and user profile, this is a quick and easy guide.

1. Go to the top right of the forum front page. You will see your name there and a downward point arrow for a pulldown menu there that you can click on like this:

Posted Image

2. Select "My Profile"

3. Click on the button that says "Edit my Profile":

Posted Image

You will then see a menu that allows you to choose what you want to do, including editing your signature and your "About Me Page". Click on the option you want to select.

Posted Image

You can also change your avatar or even add a photograph of yourself there. An avatar is the picture that appears by your name every time your post on the forum. It has be made very small using photo software eg Photoshop. The photo in Change Photo will be the one that people see when they look at your Profile.

#10 saveira

saveira

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

Dear Sator,

Please forgive me if I have posted this question in the wrong area. I have been searching everywhere for a system that I can use for drafting jackets for large bust sizes. I can fit small sizes perfectly, but the extra large sizes is a bit of a problem. Can you suggest a drafting scale that can be used effectively for large bust sizes (In other words: drafting system for plus size jackets for women)? Also I have noticed that my email says private, how can I change it to public? Thanks for your assistance.
  • tailleuse likes this

#11 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

Your email address can be made public by following the instructions here:

http://www.cutterand...findpost&p=3457

Please post any questions specific to ladies' tailoring in the women's cutter and tailor forum:

http://www.cutterand...hp?showforum=16

#12 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

Replying to Threads

Sorry if this is too basic for some but for those out there who are new to internet fora here are some simple tips.

There are two ways of replying:

1. Reply with Quotes

This is the option to use if you want to comment on what someone else has written.

If you look at their post you will find the following button just underneath it:

Posted Image

If you click it their post will be quoted in your reply. If it is long it is best to edit it down so you are left with the statement you want to draw attention to.

2. Reply without Quotes

Posted Image

This is the best one to use if you aren't commenting on someone's statement and you want to add your viewpoint to the thread in general. It can be found at both the top and the bottom of each thread you are reading.

Adding Your Reply

Once you have typed in your response, you should quickly proof read it. You can also see what it is going to look like before you commit yourself to showing it to the whole world by clicking "Preview Post" first.

Posted Image

After you have previewed your reply and you are happy with it, click on "Add Reply".

#13 Alfye

Alfye

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:www.blog-dos-alfaiates.blogspot.pt

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hello everybody.
I would like to announce that on May 27, 2012 the 23rd Portuguese Master Tailor's National Encounter will be in Penalva do Castelo, Portugal.
This meeting takes place every year and gathers some of the most talented Portuguese Tailors.

The flyer of the meeting:
Posted Image

Best regards to all members.

Alfye

Edited by Alfye, 18 May 2012 - 08:20 AM.

• Gaylac likes this

#14 Alfye

Alfye

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:www.blog-dos-alfaiates.blogspot.pt

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Penalva do Castelo
the village chosen to the 23rd National Encounter of Portuguese Master Tailors

Posted Image

The meeting point
Posted Image

Reception at City Council
Posted Image

The religious aspect
Posted Image

Casa da Ínsua Hotel :
The beautiful meeting place
Posted Image

Posted Image]

[The cultural side
Posted Image

Sharing experiences
Posted Image

Posted Image

Mr. Fernando Lima, the oldest master tailor
in the reunion with 86 years old

Posted Image

João Paulo Rodrigues, the youngest tailor
in the meeting, with 24 years old

Posted Image

The link between two generations
Posted Image

Recreation time
Posted Image

Mr. António Pinto, the leader
of the 2012 meeting

Posted Image

We will be all together again in next year at 24th Nacional Encounter of Portuguese Master Tailors!

Alfye

Edited by Alfye, 05 June 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#15 Bonnie

Bonnie

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Tailored Suits and Swimsuits, Recuts, Leather, design, recycled fabrics, restoring antique garments.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hey everyone I just connected my "Tailor's Rant/ Tailor's blog" to this site. How Cool! I'll post a lot more quick video tutorials and stuff for you to watch. I love being a Tailor. Don't you??? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users