#1 beaubrummel

beaubrummel

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Menswear, Womenswear, Shirtmaking, Shoes, Watches

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

I have a pair of 13.5 in R . Heinisch shears, sharp but missing a washer, so the alignment is a little off, have to hold them just right to get those clean cuts. I have a pair of 12" shears I use now mainly anyway and going to save up for a brand new pair of wilkinsons. so these aren't being used. If anyone is interested, make me an offer.

I can email pics. I don't know how to shrink them.

#2 beaubrummel

beaubrummel

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Menswear, Womenswear, Shirtmaking, Shoes, Watches

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

pictures

Attached Files

#3 hutch48

hutch48

Journeyman

• Professional
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Wilkinson shears are well made but as you already own two good pairs of shears, why not just fix the ones you have. The Heinisch pair look like they are in good condition and probably only need the hinge adjusted and sharpened. The other pair look like a small pair of Wiss shears ad would probably fix up OK as well. Have a look at the topic I posted a few weeks ago on shimming a pair of Heinisch shears, you need to be able to make a couple of shims out of brass but its no big deal to do. The Wiss and Heinisch shears you have will probably last another 100 years if you look after them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users