Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope: Must have extensive knowledge of men’s fine tailoring and patternmaking as well as advanced knowledge in sartorial, semi sartorial and industrial make. Creating and maintaining archives of all RL patterns.
- Responsible for creating and developing protos, sample developments and patterns for Purple Label, Black Label, Polo, RRL, women’s MTM - based on the direction from design office in NY
- Oversee sample and proto development at different factories.
- Overseeing quality control and optimization for pre production and new projects
- Fitting and overseeing MTM orders.
- Organize and participate in fittings of new protos and for samples for production approval – in NY and Italy.
- Extra projects such as needs of Lauren family, VIP made-to-measure and event related projects (Olympic games uniforms, etc.)
- Participate during rigging time for showrooms in NY – 2 or more times per year.
- Digital archiving for all RL patterns.
- Ability to travel
- Extensive patternmaking and tailoring experience in high end men’s clothing industry
- Patternmaking by hand and on computer
- Knowledge of computer programs like Investronica to create digital patterns and maintain digital archive.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and CAD
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount