#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have upgraded to the latest software.

It seems that the last upgrade also caused login issues. People can't use the software to retrieve their passwords. I haven't been able to overcome that problem so have started to do manual resets of passwords in this instance.

You may need to contact me via email if you have this problem.

#2 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Seems to be OK from my end here, also in Sydney but then I remember my password so I don't need to get it back. Over the last few weeks while I have been building a number of computers I had a few problems getting the forum software to remember my password but that seems to be fixed now. I can sympathise with anyone running a forum as the software is written in an unusual way based off the understanding that the authors have of server side languages like PHP and they forget that human beings do not think in PHP logic.

#3 DesertElephant

DesertElephant

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Classic Style, Bow Ties, Trousers, Vests, French Cuffs. I also love Fantasy and Science Fiction Media, whether it be books, film or television. I Especially LOVE Doctor Who (from 2005 Resumption on. And, as the Good Doctor stated, "Bow Ties are Cool."

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

I did have some issues this weekend, but I just reset it manually. Thank you for the heads up though, Sator.

And thanks for this site in general. I hope everyone here is truly grateful for what you've built out of your love for the craft and the art. I can only speak for myself, but I am hugely thankful.

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy, but not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy; for the apparel oft proclaims the man.

-Polonius, Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3

#4 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thank you everyone for your patience.

Due to a change in personal circumstance, it is hard for me to be really heavily involved as I used to be. I used to stay up late into the night writing posts...but as you imagine that is unsustainable. Still there is a lot to base discussion on and I hope I have set a high professional tone for the forum.

Nonetheless, I still pay the fees to run the forum and keep it add free and independent. The downside is that it is a free forum for all users, and you won't get your money back when you complain about the admin service. Well...you can get your money back any time you want, if you want to look at it that way!

Please keep in mind that the moderators and I will be seeking to keep this a forum as a place primarily intended for those in the trade. It isn't a home sewers' website in the first instance.

#5 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I seem to be getting emails now everytime there is a posting. I didn't in the past so I will have to look into what I can do to change that.
Terri

Ps thank-you Sator for keeping the site going.

#6 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Terri,

If you go to your profile and look at the notification options, you can turn them off. It was probably a default setting when the forum upgrade was done. Right hand side set of options under the heading "Email".

#7 DesertElephant

DesertElephant

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring, Classic Style, Bow Ties, Trousers, Vests, French Cuffs. I also love Fantasy and Science Fiction Media, whether it be books, film or television. I Especially LOVE Doctor Who (from 2005 Resumption on. And, as the Good Doctor stated, "Bow Ties are Cool."

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Sator,

Again, my deepest thanks and gratitude.  You have to do none of this, and yest you have.

I am glad to be able to read all of the amazingly helpful information here.  I also understand, as an apprentice of this site, learning by self-tuition, that I am being allowed, by you, to take part in these discussions and to learn.  I am also acutely aware that in its primacy, this is a site for and by professionals.

You industry (bespoke, MTM or RTW) guys and gals are here for each other, and not at my beck and call.  I will have patience in my questions, and demand nothing, as you do this out of your love for the craft, and in the interest of its preservation and application.  This is not a place to ask and have answered silly home sewer questions.

Again, thanks for everything you've built here, allowing it to be available to all, and to all the professionals that give freely of their minimal free time to help those with a SERIOUS interest in the craft, its application and its preservation for posterity.

THANKS!!!

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy, but not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy; for the apparel oft proclaims the man.

-Polonius, Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3

#8 Nick-Mico

Nick-Mico

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Hi there.

I've just read this topic following posting my first topic.

I've used the Gallery feature of the forum to host the images for my post! I really hope that isn't a misuse of the gallery facility. I have my own website I can host them on, it just felt the natural place to put them. (They will exist as long as the forum exists, rather than being at the mercy of the whims of external websites. Moving/shutting down and filling your forum with placeholders instead of pictures.)

Please let me know if you'd like me to move them, or if you'd prefer me to host future pictures elsewhere.

#9 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

I'm not happy with this photos. And I think you should move them.
lg
posaune
  • pfaff260, tailleuse and Schneiderfrei like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users