#19 Schneiderfrei

Schneiderfrei

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:learning and imagination

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

In case I have seemed disrespectful to either the Ciraci draft or to schneidergott who has posted this, and really it is a treat to see these drafts which are so hard to come by,I would like to say I regret my comment that there is any stupidity at all other than my own. 

The draft was difficult to follow and I became frustrated but I should not have made the comment above. I cannot now erase or change it.

It is not always easy to realize the effect of ones comments or that ones sense of humor is not universal on this forum which is international.

• tailleuse and HautenDandy like this

Shell made out of gold
Found on a beach picked up and you held so close

#20 Vishal

Vishal

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Thanks SG for the draft. There is a problem to understand back measurement. It says 5-8 is like 1-2' plus 1.5 or 2 cm. How can this possible ? Can any one explain ?

#21 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

Thanks SG for the draft. There is a problem to understand back measurement. It says 5-8 is like 1-2' plus 1.5 or 2 cm. How can this possible ? Can any one explain ?

Goes to show that you cannot trust Italians after they had their siesta... :poke:

I've had a similar problem before, where they miraculously created a measurement without giving any explanation. One of those is the half back, which appears to be either a direct measure or derived from 2x 1/10 of chest measure (full) plus a certain amount of ease (here it's only 1 cm).

Either way, when following the other instruction given, using that half back measure plus 3,5 to 4 cm you can just as well use the 1/4 full chest measure, applied from point 1' (or centre back line).

• tailleuse and Schneiderfrei like this

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#22 Vishal

Vishal

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Thank you SG for the explaination. I would go for the half back measurement.because if we take chest measurement 100 cm and collor width 40 cm, going through the calculation 1-2'=25 cm. Therefore 5-8=26.5\27 cm and 1'-8=33.5\34 cm. Please tell me if I have made mistake in calculations, otherwise the measurement of 1'-8 is not relevant to the shoulder width measurement. Another measurement in the front scye depth 2"-2' comes out as 19 cm.if my calculation is right it seems that the front scye depth measurement is sort compare to the other drafts. Please tell me the draft is with \ without seam allowance.
  • Schneiderfrei likes this

#23 Vishal

Vishal

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

[quote name="Vishal" post="42891" timestamp="1433072066"]

Thank you SG for the explaination. I would go for the half back measurement.because if we take chest measurement 100 cm and collor width 40 cm, going through the calculation 1-2'=25 cm. Therefore 5-8=26.5\27 cm and 1'-8=33.5\34 cm. Please tell me if I have made mistake in calculations, otherwise the measurement of 1'-8 is not relevant to the shoulder width measurement. Another measurement in the front scye depth 2"-2' comes out as 19 cm.if my calculation is right it seems that the front scye depth measurement is sort compare to the other drafts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ciraci, shirt, draft, 60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users