Photo

Looking for a Martinelli Jacket pattern.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

Has anyone ever seen a pattern or at least design information on constructing what used to be called (here in OZ) a Martinelli Jacket ? I used to wear them in the winter time and the ones of long ago were made of a very heavy lined corduroy with a long zipper at the front, side pockets you could put your hands into in the cold and a close fitting upright collar that used to close to keep the wind out.

• cperry likes this

#2 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

After asking around a number of tailors I know, few would remember the garment type I had in mind but I did find one who understood the description, very heavy corduroy that is lined to get the extra layer, single front zipper that is not concealed, vertical side pockets, upright close fitting collar, sleeves that close with a press stud and usually a press stud at the bottom band which was also elasticated around the back of the band so that the bottom of the jacket closed to the wind.

Materials were usually very dark blue or red and were a weight that was closer to upholstery that fashion and I think you can still get it from upholstery suppliers. I reasonably well understand how to draft the torso part of the jacket but I have some to learn about the fit of the sleeves and the techniques to stitch them so they are strong enough.

#3 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

Looked on the Internet and never seen anything like what you mentioned.

Your description brings to mind various sleeved waistcoats. The construction lines are basically the same, but the style lines are different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users