54 replies to this topic

#55 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

I like perfectionist! Whatever that means. Some years ago this one person, writing on a clothing forum, said he couldn't wear perfect clothes. This is about psychology. To make clothes for him, if you want to keep him as a customer, requires a bit of study. Where do you put in perfect errors that he mentally fits in to? What all does tailoring involve? Some say I've written a mess. But the business side says to make what sells, and not have artificial rules. My rules of perfection doesn't work for many other people. Thought I have broadened my view point of perfection I still stumble with new ones. Because they seem like they are not. And the person above, if he found rhythm and reason with the slop you put in, would he be uncomfortable in it? Take it off. And not come back as a customer? A small town tailor doesn't have the luxury of choosing to many customer, or, he will be moonlighting. For me, tailoring has become many things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jeffery Diduch, Menefreghismo, Neapolitan Tailoring, sloppy work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users