Photo

What do you think about Gagliardi RTW jackets and knit jacket?

RTW jacket design Seersucker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

I was surprised to receive an email today offering a discount on jackets which I had discounted. Since my conversion to the criterium of washable, my eyes turn to where this is not based on synthetics, not surrending what little sense for beauty I have. So the Gagliardi summer collection deserved review, and despite two fears: washability implies shrinkage, and recent jacket design looks like shrinkage. So Gagliardi scares me because Michael maybe Della who represents Gagliardi communication on that website for customer review says one size up for slim fit, but no such instruction is visible on the Gagliardi website. My normal size in New & Lingwood was 38S.

What do you professionals say to Gagliardi knit jacket?

What do you fashion experts criticize on Gagliardi jackets?
Scribimus indocti doctique poemata passim

#2 Henry Hall

Henry Hall

Pro

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

I'm having trouble extracting your question from that word avalanche.

Each phenomenon which is taken up should be treated with as much thoroughness as possible at that standpoint... One thing at a time and that done well!

- Otto Jespersen (How to Teach a Foreign Language).

#3 hutch48

hutch48

Pro

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:Big snippers, practical garments, computer programming and engineering. New website at signature link.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

It sounds like a silly question, why would people from around the world know anything about an Italian tailor ? If you need to know something about their product line, do a Google search and if you have specific question after that contact them and ask the question. After your bad manners and bad habits from the last time you posted here, you are lucky one of the admins have not deleted your posts.

#4 Naive Jr

Naive Jr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

Dear Henry,

Thanks for reply, but it's a quite simple question to those who have feeling for jackets and know how they're made. Since you like words but disapprove of mine, Gagliardi formulates their aim on their website. I know the sleeve buttons are ornamental. My practical worry is how much seersucker shrinks because I shall from now on wash and only buy what can be washed, regardless of instructions. I think the Gagliardi cut is too short, like RTW Hardy Amies.

(Thst's an excellent quote from Jespersen! I didn't know he wrote about language didactics! I definitely will investigate that and mention it to my general linguistic instructors and colleagues.)

Dear Hutch,

Yes, I remember you and did some research on you just as I do research on everything that crosses my path. You are quite busy in exchange with certain persons here who became members after I was invited by Sator to join and with whom I have nothing in common. I spend very little time in chat room and don't even own a laptop, so I'm not qualified for your peculiarity. I put my question here only to persons who care about such. Don't worry, Hutch, get back to your pals!

Edited by Naive Jr, 04 August 2015 - 08:52 AM.

Scribimus indocti doctique poemata passim

#5 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

Before this one gets out of hand, may I suggest another source of input that is, lets say, a bit more fashion oriented (Styleforum comes to mind) than a tailoring forum.

Or check if there are already reviews of that product available.

If both options fail you have the choice of either giving the jacket a try or not.

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RTW jacket design, Seersucker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users